A 58-year-old traditional ruler in Esuk Atu village in Calabar Municipal Council of Cross River State, Etubom Nto Okon Etim, has been kidnapped.
gathered that the victim was kidnapped on Friday and on Sunday; the abductors reached out to the family and demanded for N5m ransom.
An eyewitness, Chief Okon Etim said that the kidnap of Etubom was the fourth in the last four months and that he was kidnapped in the night between 11pm and 12 midnight on Friday.
“The abductors have called on Sunday, demanding for N5m. Within a period of 4 months, the youth leader’s wife who sells meat was kidnapped and a ransom of N700, 000 was paid before she was released.
“The kidnappers came and carted away two cows. Another person who work at the University of Calabar (Unical) was also kidnapped alongside his wife, N500, 000 was paid as ransom.
“Another person who deal on sand was also abducted and money was given before he was released. The people are now living in fear, and we appeal to security operatives to extend their services to the area.
When called the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo on phone, she did not take her calls but the wife of the victim, Arit Nto Okon Etim confirmed that her husband was kidnapped.
“The kidnappers came to our house at Esuk Atu and shot sporadically, inflicted injuries to my husband before they took him away. They passed through the creeks and on Sunday, they called us, demanding for N5m.
“We don’t have such money and we appeal to the government and the security agencies to come to our aide and ensure that my husband is rescue and to extend security services to the area,” she appealed.
- Stop Waiting For Aso Rock – Atiku Tells Nigerian GovernorsIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has urged governors from all states to come together and solve the insecurity facing the country ...[Read more]
- You Don’t Have To Reveal Anything To Be Beautiful — Actress, Olayode Juliana To WomenIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayode has dished out a word of advice to her fellow ladies in a recent post on social media that has ...[Read more]
- GPLwk25: Hearts beat Elmina Sharks to reclaim second placeIn Ghana, NewsMay 16, 2021Accra Hearts of Oak beat Elmina Sharks 2-0 on Sunday at the Accra Sports Stadium, in a matchday 25 encounter, to move back into second place on the ...[Read more]
- Others Were Accepted But I Was Rejected Thrice At Ritualists Shrine – Nurse Kidnapped In Rivers State Shares Her Chilling EncounterIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT An 18-year-old auxiliary nurse, Rachael David, has narrated how close she came to death as she was abducted by suspected ritualists in ...[Read more]
- “My Lower Body Was Detached From The Upper Body” – Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor A1ccidentIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT According to her, she was involved in a ghastly motor accident on her way back from church and left for dead by the driver and rider. ...[Read more]
- MTA exec accuses mayor of being out of touch with subway safety fearsIn USAMay 16, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio’s hulking height and security team leave him out of touch with the reality of subway safety, Interim Transit President Sarah ...[Read more]
- ‘Follow Your Wife’- Davido Tells Tiwa Savage Son, Jamil To Take His Rightful Place As Imade’s Future Husband [VIDEO]In Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Interestingly, Nigerian singer and songwriter, David Adeleke popularly known as Davido knows exactly who will put the wedding ring on ...[Read more]
- Mom of teen shot dead in Bronx says she can’t afford to pay for funeralIn USAMay 16, 2021The heartbroken mom of a Bronx teenager shot dead Saturday night is desperately seeking answers in his death — as she worries about paying for his ...[Read more]
- Poll: Majority of NYC Dem voters support city subway and bus takeoverIn USAMay 16, 2021Most Democratic New York City voters want the next mayor to wrest control of the city’s subways and buses from Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state ...[Read more]
- COVID-19 jabs to continue in four subway stations despite small turnoutIn USAMay 16, 2021New York will continue to administer COVID-19 jabs at four MTA train stations — even though the pilot program has doled out fewer than 50 percent of ...[Read more]