A 33-year-old operative of the Department of State Services (DSS), Sadiq Abdullahi Bindawa, has been killed by his suspected abductors after receiving the sum of N5 million as ransom.
The deceased, who until his death, worked with the intelligence department of the service in Abuja, was kidnapped on Saturday at his residence behind the Federal Secretariat in Katsina metropolis.
Bindawa alongside his four-year-old son, according to credible family sources, were in Katsina to spend the weekend with their relatives when the gory incident occurred.
The assailants in a commando-style operation, stormed the residence of the victim at about 10.30p.m and whisked him away to an unknown destination.
A family member, who craved anonymity, told THISDAY yesterday that the hoodlums demanded a ransom barely 48 hours after his abduction.
The source said the kidnappers earlier demanded N13 million as ransom, but after negotiations, they agreed to collect N5 million for his freedom.
He said: “He was about entering his residence behind the Federal Secretariat on Saturday night at about 10.30p.m after returning from our family house when the kidnappers forcefully removed him from his car after beating his security guard to comma. We reported the incident to Batagarawa police station but nothing was done.
“On Sunday, the kidnappers called through his phone line and demanded N13 million as ransom before they will release him, but after a series of pleading and negotiations they agreed to N5 million and said we should meet them in Charanchi and give them the money.
Source: ThisDay Live
- 2-Years After D’Banj And Wife Son Drowned Inside A Swimming Pool; Recent Photos Of The Coupe Pop UpIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020D’banj and his beautiful wife, Lineo Didi, have been through very hard times in the past. He is one of the greatest musicians Nigeria has ever had. ...[Read more]
- “Always Do You” – Singer, Mayorkun recounts how he went from being a Banker to becoming a Superstar (Video)In Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Popular Nigerian singer, Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel, better known as Mayorkun has shared his grass to grace story as he recounts how he ditched a ...[Read more]
- Biography, Career, Family, Awards And Net Worth Of Nuella NjubigboIn BiographyNovember 27, 2020Nuella Njubigbo is a popular Nollywood actress, scriptwriter, model and a television personality.Nuella Njubigbo was born on 18th March 1984 in ...[Read more]
- NYC SantaCon is canceled due to COVID-19 pandemicIn USANovember 27, 2020Ho Ho No! The annual SantaCon pub crawl has been canceled this year in the Big Apple due the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizers announced the news on the ...[Read more]
- Biography, Family, Early Life, Education, Career And Net Worth Of Ime Bishop UmohIn BiographyNovember 27, 2020Ime Bishop Umoh popularly known as Okon Lagos is a Nigerian based actor and comedian,He was born on the 15th of July, 1981.He is an Ibibio, and is ...[Read more]
- “Are you mad? I’m not scared of you, ingrate” – Kiddwaya and his alleged cousin blast each otherIn BBNaijaNovember 27, 2020Big Brother Naija lockdown housemate, Terseer Waya popularly known as Kiddwaya has been blasted on Twitter by a lady who claims to be his relative. ...[Read more]
- Massive sinkhole swallows vehicle in NYCIn USANovember 27, 2020An unoccupied orange SUV was found swallowed by a sinkhole in Queens early Thursday morning. The vehicle, a Toyota RAV4, was discovered nose-down in ...[Read more]
- Woman dead, driver critical after smashing into Buffalo monumentIn USANovember 27, 2020A speeding minivan that crashed in downtown Buffalo killed a woman and left the driver in critical condition on Thanksgiving Day, authorities said. ...[Read more]
- Tonto Dikeh’s Ex Set To Marry Daughter Of Kogi West SenatorIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Politics, marriage and relationships are among one of the few things that cannot be predicted. Nigerian would be witnessing the biggest marriage as ...[Read more]
- Tonto Dikeh’s Ex Set To Marry Daughter Of Kogi West SenatorIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Politics, marriage and relationships are among one of the few things that cannot be predicted. – Advertisement – It is, therefore, no ...[Read more]