Executive Director of the Center for Democratic Development (CDD) Prof H.K Prempeh has come to the defense of US-based accounting Professor and Lawyer, Prof Stephen K. Asare popularly known Kwaku Azar over a Facebook post the lattter made.
Prof Azar, in what some believe is a dig at the Supreme Court posts “Supreme Concert. Dayie!” after the Supreme Court for the umpteenth time thew out the opposition NDC. The post attracted mixed reactions from both NPP and NDC members defending and attacking him based on their party position.
Prof Azar did not however state that his post was in anyway related to the ongoing Supreme Court case.
He added a longer post to those criticising his “Supreme Concert” post:
“I have read the complaints and petitions of those who say I should not say “Supreme Concert” on my wall.
I choose my words carefully. I do not say things lightly. I say what I mean and mean what I say. When I say “Supreme Concert,” I mean Supreme Concert.
If I cannot say Supreme Concert when I want to say Supreme Concert then it was Supreme Concert for me to join the aluta to get the right to say Supreme Concert. I also encourage those who think I have violated a law to report me to the appropriate authorities. I’d be happy to respond to any subpoena or summons.
Complaints and Petitions are respectfully dismissed with prejudice.
I stand by my post and repeat: Supreme Concert. Da Yie! He ended.
Reacting to the issues under JoyNews Journalist Joseph Ackah-Blay’s post, Prof H.K Prempeh sarcastically said Prof Azar is being accused of saying “Supreme Concert” instead of “Supreme Circus”.
Prof Kwaku Azar is an lawyer and activism credited with taking up issues that border on law and justice and justice delivery in Ghana. He remains widely respected by Ghanaians home and abroad and has won landmark human rights cases in the Supreme Court he took up on his own.
It is perhaps for this that the public drew quick parallel to the Supreme Court when he posted “Supreme Court”.
- How To Remove Dark Spots On Your Face In 3 DaysIn ArticleMarch 1, 2021This article is originally posted on Proven Skincare. If you’ve got dark spots, age spots or acne scars on your face—whether from sun damage, ...[Read more]
- Two more packed illegal clubs busted by NYC sheriff’s deputiesIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Two massive illegal gatherings were shut down in New York City on Sunday — with sheriff’s deputies booting hundreds of partygoers out onto the street ...[Read more]
- NYC lobbyists still make bank despite COVID-19 pandemicIn USAFebruary 28, 2021The Big Apple’s lobbying industry proved to be nearly pandemic-proof last year despite the COVID-19 outbreak that ravaged New York City, new records ...[Read more]
- Who is Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, first in line to succeed Gov. Cuomo?In USAFebruary 28, 2021With Gov. Andrew Cuomo facing multiple allegations of sexual harassment from former staffers — as well as a swirling scandal over his ...[Read more]
- Cuomo ‘sorry’ for workplace ‘jokes’ amid sexual harassment fiascoIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday copped to making “jokes” that he claimed were interpreted as “unwanted flirtation” — as his office caved on the state ...[Read more]
- Ka3na and TBoss take to Instagram, to battle it out for the real owner of the title ‘BossLady’.In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Previous articleActress, Adesua Shares Adorable Photos Of When She Was Pregnant and After Pregnancy (Photos) Credit: Gistreel...[Read more]
- Burna Boy Reached Out To Apologise And I’ve Forgiven Him – Mr 2kayIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Nigerian singer Mr 2kay, has revealed that he has forgiven top singer Burna Boy who allegedly sent thugs to attack him. It will be recalled that in ...[Read more]
- Basketmouth Produced Web-Series Papa Benji Ep.12 “The Lies Men Tell”In Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Episode 12 of Basketmouth‘s comedy web series “Papa Benji” is here. This episode is tagged “The Lies Men Tell”. “Papa Benj” comedy features ...[Read more]
- Buhari, Tinubu, El-Rufai All Called For Jonathan’s Resign – Femi Falana Calls For The Release Of DawisuIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Human Rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana has released an official statement calling for the release of Salihu Tanko Yakasai “Dawisu”, the former ...[Read more]
- Actress, Adesua Shares Adorable Photos Of When She Was Pregnant and After Pregnancy (Photos)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Popular Nollywood actress and wife of Banky W, Adesua-Etomi Wellington has recently shared some photos of when she was heavy with her child and some ...[Read more]