Editor-In-Chief of the New Crusading Guide Newspaper Abdul Malik Kweku Baako Junior has exposed the hypocrisy of the Minority Leader Haruna Iddrisu following his claims of illegality in a caretaker Minister role.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo earlier this week in line with Presidential Transition Act, Act 845 of 2012, relieved all his ministerial appointees, pending the appointment of new ones
In order not to create any gap that will impede the smooth running of state affairs, as the President begins his second term in office, he has equally appointed some of the outgoing ministers to overseer the affairs of the ministries as the process to nominate substantive ministers receives top priority.
The move has been criticized by the Tamale South lawmaker who described the move as illegal indicating that the President has no right to make such a decision.
“I have seen some former ministers still hold themselves about as if they are ministers. That is unlawful, that is illegal and unconstitutional. As we speak today, Ghana has no ministers, Haruna Iddrisu said on Joy Prime
“The President got it wrong. Their mandate has elapsed and until they are nominated, go through vetting, secure approval of Parliament, they cannot hold themselves out as Ministers. So as far as we are concerned, there is nothing like an Acting Minister and the Supreme Court does not recognize such a position.” He insisted.
But the veteran journalist posted a letter in which Mr Haruna Iddrisu was in 2013 directed by John Mahama in a letter dated 8th January, 2018 asked to act as caretaker Minister of Communications exposing the double standards of the MP.
This is a copy of the Presidential Directive Haruna Iddrisu appears to be worried about. Is there any mention of “…
Posted by Abdul Malik Kweku Baako on Tuesday, 12 January 2021
- Why Nigeria needs to be restructured – Fmr Gov, Jonah JangIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021A former presidential aspirant in the 2019 general elections under the platform of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), The former ...[Read more]
- Reintroducing Khafi The Actress – Khafi Kareem Announces Plans To Return To ActingIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Reality TV star Khafi Kareem has announced plans to return to her first love and passion acting. The TV star shared a video of herself participating ...[Read more]
- Nigeria’s Border Closure Is Good For Security – NIS Boss BabandedeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Mohammed Babandede the Comptroller General Of the Nigerian Immigration Service has revealed that the closure of the Nigerian borders was a great ...[Read more]
- Woman narrates how she was lured into marriage with voodooIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A herb dealer, Rofiat Biliameen, has petitioned a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her two and a half-year-old marriage to estranged ...[Read more]
- Court dismisses NJC’s objection on Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia’s sackIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021A Federal High Court, Abuja on Tuesday dismissed the objection raised by the National Judicial Council (NJC) against the hearing of a suit instituted ...[Read more]
- Governor Buni speaks on consolidating success in education Yobe StateIn Education, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Northern elders have appealed to President Muhamadu Buhari to device a new approach to restore peace in the region considering that the current ...[Read more]
- I’m A Good Actress- Vee RevealsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Big brother naija ex housemate, Vee has come out to declare her she is a good actress and she wants everyone to know about it.The reality TV star ...[Read more]
- Lionel Messi given two-match ban for red cardIn SportsJanuary 19, 2021Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has named the Blues’ squad to face Leicester City in today’s Premier League fixture. According to Football London, ...[Read more]
- Bayelsa Assembly deny impeachment plot against Diri over 38 billion FG refundIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021Northern elders have appealed to President Muhamadu Buhari to device a new approach to restore peace in the region considering that the current ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Kano State Orders Civil Servants To Stay At HomeIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Kano state government has ordered civil servants in the state to stay at home following the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the state. The ...[Read more]