Barcelona paid €1million at the beginning of the year to the Brazilian club, to get a preferential option to attain 70% of the player’s sporting rights.
Sao Paulo, however, still retains 30% of the 19-year-old’s future sale.
However, they had until July 15 to complete Maia’s signing worth a total of €4.5m, which they have now done.now completed.
Maia will represent Barca B next season and hopes to proceed into the first team in the coming seasons.
The teenager arrived at Sao Paulo at 14 and was contracted to the club until 2023.
He won seven titles with youth teams and had his best season in 2018 when he scored 30 goals in 36 games.
Source; Tale Tela
- LaLiga: Barcelona sign Brazilian striker
- Barcelona Reportedly Sign Brazilian Star, Gustavo Maia
- “Don’t Judge”: Brazilian striker Michael Vinicius pens goodbye message to Kotoko
- Brazilian striker Michael Vinicius arrives to begin Kotoko stint
- Spanish-born Nigerian striker, Kevin Omoruyi, gains La Liga spot with Huesca
- Samba Delight: Asante Kotoko sign Brazilian forward Vinicius
- #Donkomi: Kotoko sign another Brazilian as Vinicius joins Porcupine Warriors
- ‘Our team is not a team for cowards’ – Brazilian club Botafago slam Yaya Toure after he refused to sign for them
- Tougher tests await for Madrid, Barcelona in race for La Liga
- What Barcelona Said As Real Madrid Win 2019/2020 La Liga Title