The Lagos State House of Assembly on Monday passed the Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps Agency Law (amendment) 2019 bill which made provision for the creation of am Amotekun corps into Law.
In the amendments, Section 20 (1) which subjects the appointment of the Lagos Amotekun Corps Commander to the confirmation of the House, was retained.
This is in accordance with the practice and procedures of the House that sensitive appointments must be subjected to the confirmation of the House and the need to ensure that the Amotekun Corps Commander appointment is properly scrutinized.
Section 20(3) of the amendment bill, which subject the removal of the Lagos Amotekun Corps Commander to the concurrence of the House, was deleted as the Committee agreed that there should be a single line of discipline in accordance with public service establishment and engagement.
Also in Newzandar News: Curfew: Police arrest 1,434 violators in Lagos
After voice votes in favour of the amendments, the Speaker. Mudashiru Obasa directed Mr. Azeez Sanni, the Clerk of the House to forward a clean copy of the Bill to Mr. Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu for his assent.
Although the House had earlier passed the bill few weeks back, the Governor returned it for amendments to some sections which delayed his assent to the bill, the suggested amendments is what the House worked on and passed on Monday.
- Nigerian Senate Passes Bill Which Amends Police Act
- Amotekun: Lagos Assembly passes Neighbourhood Corps Bill
- Lagos Assembly passes Amotekun bill
- Lagos Assembly passes House of Assembly Service Commission (Amendment) Law 2022
- Lagos Assembly Passes Bill Stopping Parade Of Suspects Before The Media
- Lagos Assembly passes anti-cultism bill that includes punishment for parents of convicted cultists
- Trina McGee says most of ‘Boy Meets World’ cast has made amends
- Nick Cannon tries to make amends following anti-Semitic comments
- Eastern Bar Forum amends constitution, zones offices
- Mahama ready to make amends for past mistakes – Otokunor