The Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, has lost one of his relatives, Dr Haroun Hamzat to the dreaded coronavirus disease.
The Nigerian Medical Association, Lagos State chapter confirmed his death in a statement titled “NMA Lagos mourns“ which was released on Wednesday.
According to the statement, the 37-year-old doctor was battling the deadly virus before he finally gave up.
“This is a very sad moment for the Nigerian Medical Association, Lagos State, as we announce with deep regrets the death of our very young colleague, Dr Haroun Hamzat. The news of his demise saddens our hearts.
”Haroun worked as a medical officer at one of the PHCs under Orile Agege LCDA until his demise.
“We commiserate with his family, friends, colleagues and staff of Lagos State PHC Board and pray against such unfortunate deaths in our fold.
“We pray that the Almighty God grants his family and all of us, the fortitude to bear this painful loss, Amen.
“May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace,” the statement read in part.
- “Only poor people believe money answers all things” – Comedian, AlibabaIn Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigerian foremost stand-up comedian, Alibaba Akpobeme has said only people who don’t have money believe “money answers all things”. According to the ...[Read more]
- Deeper Life School: Reno Omokri, church members threatening me – Mother of abused boy [VIDEO]In NewsJanuary 21, 2021Some staff of the National Identity Management Commission, NIMC, have been discovered to be allegedly selling forms for NIN registration in Makurdi, ...[Read more]
- NIMC staff allegedly selling NIN enrollment form for N500 to applicantsIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Some staff of the National Identity Management Commission, NIMC, have been discovered to be allegedly selling forms for NIN registration in Makurdi, ...[Read more]
- EPL: Pogba compares Cavani to Martial, Rashford, GreenwoodIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021Manchester United star, Paul Pogba, has compared Edinson Cavani to Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood following the Red Devils’ ...[Read more]
- Only irresponsible parents will say they can’t afford nose masks for their wards – NPP SecretaryIn Education, Ghana, Health, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Parents and guardians looking forward to the government to furnish their wards in schools with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as a preventive ...[Read more]
- The solution to the problems of Zongos is not Astro Turfs – Suhuyini poohs poohs Akufo-Addo initiativeIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Lawmaker of Tamale North Alhaji Alhassan Sayibu Suhuyini has disclosed that the solution to the teething problems of Zongo communities in the country ...[Read more]
- Don Davies mother breaks down in tears as she calls out Reno Omokri and deeper life members for allegedly threatening her (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Deborah Okezie, mother of former JSS1 Student of deeper life high school has called out Reno Omokri and deeper life members for allegedly threatening ...[Read more]
- Davido’s babymama, Chioma sparks breakup rumour again after liking controversial postIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigerian singer, Davido’s babymama, Chioma Avril has sparked breakup rumour again after liking controversial post on Instagram. A motivational ...[Read more]
- You Don’t Need Your Friends To Be Successful – Actress Didi EkanemIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Nollywood actress Didi Ekanem has given reasons why strangers support someone’s business than the people they know. The actress took to her Insta ...[Read more]
- ”Hushpuppi is his role model” – Reactions as man flaunts his customized Louis Vuitton carIn Viral News, World NewsJanuary 21, 2021South African man who seems to be a lover of everything Louis Vuitton has caused a stir on social media after he posted his customized car. The man ...[Read more]