An employee of APM Terminals, Apapa Lagos State, has tested positive for COVID-19.
An official told Newzandar News on Tuesday that last time the worker was at the port was April 16, but his COVID-19 infection was confirmed on April 27.
The company’s General Manager, External Relations, Daniel Odibe, in a statement on Tuesday, explained that the patient is currently being handled by NCDC, while the company continue with its precautionary and response plans in strict adherence to the COVID19 protocol
“APM Terminals hereby informs the port community and general public of a positive COVID-19 case concerning a staff of APM Terminals Apapa Limited.
“The said employee’s last day at work was on April 16.
“The employee developed malaria symptoms and was referred to a hospital where he was initially treated before he was referred to Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) for further test.
“We were informed on April 27 that the test result came out positive,” he added.
- Lagos Port staff tests positive for COVID-19
- First Bank staff in Lagos tests positive for coronavirus
- Staff who works at Lekki toll gate tests positive for COVID-19 yet the company is still carrying out operations as normal – Mum accuses LCC of being irresponsible
- BREAKING: Benue gov’s wife, son, staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Arsenal shuts down academy as staff tests positive
- Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows tests positive for COVID-19: report
- Gov. Lalong’s Chief of Staff tests positive for COVID-19
- Chief Of Staff To Plateau State Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Breaking News: Chief Of Staff To Plateau State Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19