The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, on Tuesday, appointed former Minority Leader, Biodun Olujimi representing Ekiti South Senatorial District as the Chairman, Senate Committee on Diaspora.
He also appointed Sen. Ajibola Basiru, representing Osun Central, as the new chairman of the Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs.
Lawan, who made the announcement at Plenary, also announced the erstwhile acting spokesperson of the upper legislative chamber, Godiya Akwashiki as the new Chairman, Senate Committee on Labour and Productivity.
Ajibola, until his new assignment, was the Chairman, Senate Committee on Diaspora.
He was a former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Osun.
He also served as Commissioner in the Ministry of Regional Integration and Special Duties from August 2010 – November 2014.
The new spokesman, who holds Ph. D in Property Law was born on July 1, 1972.
Also, Akwashiki was before now, the Vice Chairman, Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs when the former Chairman, Sen.Adedayo Adeyeye was the Chairman.
Born on Aug. 3, 1973, Akwashiki, who represents Nasarawa North Senatorial District was a former Deputy Speaker of the state House of Assembly and was elected into the Senate during the 2019 general elections.
- Basiru scores late as Karela United share spoils with AshantiGold
- [Breaking] COVID- 19: Lawan forces Senators to Observe Social Distancing, Wear Masks while speaking
- Lawan, Shekarau, 8 other senators sponsored no bill in 1 year
- COVID- 19: Lawan forces Senators to Observe Social Distancing, Wear Masks while speaking
- Appointments of Security chiefs are not subject to Federal character â Femi Adesina reacts to alleged nepotism in Federal appointments (video)
- Emeritus Professor Oladipo Olujimi Akinkugbe: The passing of a colosus
- Ekiti PDP: Who will reconcile Fayose, Olujimi?
- Olujimi expresses support for Ekiti PDP caretaker Committee
- Fayose, Olujimi mourn passage of Olumilua, ex-Ondo gov.
- Olujimi supports Ekiti PDP caretaker Committee