The coronavirus lockdown has artists so bored that Noel Gallagher, former Oasis guitarist and one half of rock music’s most contentious sibling rivalry, is leaking his own rough cuts.
The frontman of Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, since the band he shared with brother Liam Gallagher split in 2009, revealed the news on his Twitter account early Wednesday morning, promising to leak a previously unreleased Oasis banger today.
“Like the rest of the world, I’ve had infinite time to kill lately so I thought I’d FINALLY look and find out what was actually on the HUNDREDS of faceless unmarked cd’s I’ve got lying around in boxes at home,” he hyped.
“As fate would have it, I have stumbled across an old demo which I thought had been lost forever.”
Noel goes on to explain that the rare tune exists solely on a recording from a soundcheck in Hong Kong “about 15 years ago.”
A fan later attempted to clarify Gallagher’s claim, replying to his tweet with a live performance of the song on YouTube, dated 2009 — just a few weeks before Oasis split for good.
Liam, with whom Noel has feuded publicly and spectacularly for decades, has yet to comment — or object.
- Long-lost Oasis song is ‘finally’ dropping tonight: Noel Gallagher
- Former Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher refuses to wear a mask amid pandemic
- Noel Gallagher’s coke habit left him hospitalized with ‘brutal’ panic attacks
- Singer Sam Smith announces he is collaborating with Burna Boy on a new song named ‘My Oasis’, Nigerians react
- Burna Boy Gets International Collaboration With Sam Smith On His Song ‘My Oasis’, Drops Tomorrow
- I still miss my Beat in the Newsroom — Mary Noel-Berje
- Broadway’s Kathryn Gallagher Drops New EP She Recorded in Quarantine
- Who Is ‘The Great British Baking Show’ Host Noel Fielding and How Did He Become Famous?
- Royals’ Cam Gallagher learns he has coronavirus after game