Manchester United’s Luke Shaw has named Victor Moses as the toughest player he has faced in his career.
Shaw and Moses faced each other twice during the 2012-2013 season, in the Premier League and FA Cup, with Chelsea winning both games.
“People always think I’m joking, but one of my hardest games ever was against Victor Moses when I was coming in as a 17-year-old at Southampton.
“Maybe because I was so young. He was really quick, direct, strong and that was a challenge for me.
“I’ve played against the likes of Gareth Bale, Messi and Hazard, and they were all so good, but I always remember Victor Moses as a really tough opponent as well,” Shaw told United’s official website.
Moses also came up against Shaw during the 2013-2014 season, during his loan spell with Liverpool.
- Luke Shaw names Victor Moses as toughest player he has faced
- Cesc Fabregas names toughest player he ever faced
- Wan-Bissaka names toughest player he ever faced
- Luis Suarez names toughest player he ever faced
- Europa League: Villarreal’s Chukwueze names toughest player he faced
- Thiago Silva names toughest players he ever faced
- Pogba names two toughest opponents he ever faced
- Crystal Palace vs Man Utd: Solskjaer gives injury update on Greenwood, Luke Shaw, others
- Luke Shaw rates Donny van de Beek’s first match for Man Utd