Lyon chairman had claimed their second leg against the Serie A champions will be on August 7, however the Ligue 1 side say this is not true
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has suffered the embarrassment of being contradicted by his own club after they admitted no date has been set for their Champions League second leg clash against Juventus.
Aulas had said the game would take place on August 7, with the round of 16 tie still uncompleted after the competition was postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
However, the club released a statement on Sunday saying that the date has not been set and they are still awaiting official word from UEFA as to when or if the Champions League will resume.
- COVID-19: Lyon President Aulas, sues French Ligue 1 for cancellation of league
- Bayern Munich Thump Lyon To Set Up Champions League Final Date With PSG
- Champions League: Man City could face Juventus or Lyon in quarter-finals
- Depay says Lyon can dump Juventus out of Champions League
- Champions League: Sarri speaks on Juventus vs Lyon being his last game
- Champions League: Juventus vs Lyon squads revealed
- Champions League: Juventus, Real Madrid crash out as Man City, Lyon progress
- Lyon hold off Juventus to reach Champions League quarter-finals
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo sets new record after Lyon eliminate Juventus
- Champions League: Sarri reacts as Lyon eliminate Juventus