Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has state why there is delay in the conduct of COVID-19 tests in the state.
Makinde, in a press briefing on Wednesday said that the shortage of reagents was responsible for the delay in the processing of COVID-19 tests.
According to him, this has caused a backlog of 300 out of 775 samples collected.
The governor, apologizing to those awaiting results on his Twitter page wrote: “Due to a shortage of reagents required to process COVID-19 tests, we currently have a number. Of the pending results of 775 samples collected so far, 300 are awaiting results.
“We are already in the process of acquiring more reagents in the shortest possible time to enable us clear the backlog. We appeal for patience from those awaiting results.
“Meanwhile, we will continue conducting tests at the drive-through/walk-through testing centre at Adamasingba Stadium.”
The state has recorded twenty-one cases of Coronavirus since the outbreak.
- VIDEO: After 10 Years Of Hosting Delay Show, Delay Cannot Boast Of A Simple Studio – Adu Safowaah Sh*ts On Delay
- Governor Seyi Makinde Gives Reason For Delay In COVID-19 Test Results
- UFT threatens to delay school opening if COVID-19 testing doesn’t improve
- COVID-19: FG explains delay in reopening schools
- Gov. Makinde Explains Why Major Contracts In Oyo State Are Awarded To Non-Indigenous Firms
- Insecurity: Convene council of State meeting without delay- Ex- Oyo Governor, Alao-Akala tells Makinde
- Jets delay coronavirus testing for rookies
- NCDC urged to step up testing, establish more COVID-19 testing centres