The writing’s on the wall — er, road.
Fed-up New Yorkers painted a massive stretch of Brooklyn blacktop with the yellow message “F–k Cuomo and de Blasio” over the weekend in the vein of Hizzoner’s “Black Lives Matter” art, only for the city to quickly scrub the statement.
The not-so-subtle shout-out to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio went up around 1 a.m. Saturday on North 15th Street between Wythe Avenue and Banker Street in Williamsburg, during the waning hours of an annual block party which this year doubled as a “small business owner protest,” one attendee told The Post.
“A few partygoers got the idea to paint in huge [letters, using] yellow paint with rollers on North 15th, ‘F–k Cuomo and de Blasio,’” the attendee said Sunday, refusing to be identified by name. “The party continued. Everyone took photos.
“It was a big hit. The crowds cheered, even the cops chuckled.”
But word made it back to city officials, who evidently didn’t share the assessment.
Bucking widely-held notions about municipal inefficiency, workers from the city Department of Transportation descended on the display less than 24 hours later — around 10 p.m. Saturday — to cover up the message with black, according to the attendee.
“They told the partygoers it came from up top and they were told the sign said ‘F–k the police,’” the attendee said, though it was unclear whether the workers meant that the order came from top DOT officials or City Hall.
The all-caps, block-length message was in the style of city-sanctioned projects reading “Black Lives Matter” that sprang up during the summer’s fierce protests over police bias and racial— including one outside of Manhattan’s Trump Tower, which has become a vandalism magnet.
Even while personally helping plaster that message to public property, de Blasio has nixed efforts to paint a similar display reading “Blue Lives Matter” in support of cops, leading two pro-police groups to take him to court.
City business owners big and small have railed against elected officials’ handling of the coronavirus crisis and its resulting economic fallout.
The DOT, the NYPD and City Hall didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.
New York Post
- Everyday Of My Life Has Always Been A Lockdown – Singer Asa DisclosesIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian-French singer and songwriter, Bukola Elemide, professionally known as Asa has opened up about how she spends most time of her life, stating ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels Sends Out A Lovely Message To Her Former Boyfriend Somadina Adinma; Ned Nwoko Might Envy This Message By His WifeIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Regina Daniels was rumoured to have been dye in wool in love with Somadina Adinma before meeting her husband, Ned Nwoko. It appears she has still not ...[Read more]
- Medikal And Afia Schwarzenegger Are Set To Release A Song Titled “Pandemic”In GhanaDecember 2, 2020Afia Schwarzenegger and rapper Medikal are set to release a song titled “Pandemic” and as the title goes, it’s obviously going to be a pandemic. ...[Read more]
- PHOTOS: Linda Ikeji Gifts Herself A Range Rover Autobiography Months After Buying 85 Pair Of Expensive ShoesIn GhanaDecember 2, 2020Nigerian billionaire Blogger, Linda Ikeji, has gifted herself a brand new Range Rover Autobiography months after spoiling herself with 85 pair of ...[Read more]
- RED And Mavin Records Set To Drop New Single And Remix On HIV/AIDS FightIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Africa’s most influential record label, Mavin Records, and (RED) are joining forces to fight two pandemics; AIDS and COVID-19, according to Don Jazzy ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels Reacts To Reports Claiming She Was Driving Under Influence Of Drugs And AlcoholIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Actress Regina Daniels has reacted to claims that she drove under the influence of drugs and alcohol after a video of her went viral on social media ...[Read more]
- “Sometimes I Wonder If God Is Laughing At Me”- Vee Tells FansIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Former BBNaija housemate, Vee, has stated that she sometimes reflects on what God will be thinking about her when she worries about petty things. Vee ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels Massive Weight Loss In New Photo Raises ConcernIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Fans of Actress Regina Daniels have expressed their concern about her massive weight loss after she had her first child about 5 months ago. In a new ...[Read more]
- Ex-FBI director James Comey to teach at Columbia Law SchoolIn USADecember 2, 2020Columbia University announced on Tuesday that former FBI director James Comey will be teaching there next year. Comey is joining the Reuben Mark ...[Read more]
- “I Don’t Like Davido, I Love Him”- Omah Lay Publicly Declares His Love For DavidoIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Omah Lay has declared publicly that he loves Davido not only for what he does but who he is. He made this known during ...[Read more]