Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were previously estimated to earn anywhere from $750K to $1 million for future speaking engagements, but according to one expert, the couple will likely bring in significantly less due to their strict demands.
“Harry and Meghan coming on the speaker circuit is certainly as significant as the likes of President Obama or Arnold Schwarzenegger,” admitted an international consultant who spoke to The Sun. “The pair are fascinating, uniquely experienced individuals, who have a wide reach, who would have been a huge draw to a live audience pre COVID.
“So back then figures between the 750k and $1M mark seemed steep, but possible. Realistically their earnings range is closer to $250k to $400k.”
Why? According to the pro who runs VIP corporate events in the UK and US, many clients will be taken aback by the couple’s demands just to show up.
“The contract paperwork appears to read that the speakers have full control of the client’s event. It certainly raises eyebrows and will put off many potential large corporations,” the source added. “Not many clients ever like inviting talent as star guests, who may be seen as running their event and telling them what to do.
“While every speaker has a right to demand the parameters of an appearance, as the price increases often so do the expectations of clients. In that grey area are negotiations and discussions, until everyone reaches a compromise.”
Harry and Meghan’s requests, according to the Harry Walker Agency Virtual Event Request Form, include their approval of anyone who introduces them or moderates any discussion. The source claims the conditions requested by the pair are uncommon for 99% of speakers.
“Every speaker has a right to protect their image and request clients adopt their rules. No speaker or paid guest, in my experience, has ever been allowed to have approval of each aspect of a corporate event, including former US Presidents.”
The expert added, however, that he understands why the couple is being sticklers with their demands.
“Probing sponsors and corporations for the Sussexes makes sense given how particular they are about issues like the environment, equality and child poverty. Another key point is that their interest in the financial and fundraising aspect of charitable causes is smart. The last thing they want to be associated with is an event, which is not successful.
“Nevertheless, I expect there will be some give and take on parts of their deals, but they will turn down many more events than they accept. My guess would be ninety percent of opportunities will be passed on, once their speaking brand reaches its peak.”
New York Post
- Meet the hardworking Destiny Etiko, She has starred in over 200 movies in 6 yearsOctober 29, 2020Destiny Etiko, well known in the Nigerian movie industry, is not only known for her talent and beautiful curves but also a hardworking Nollywood ...[Read more]
- You disappointed the childhood memories you gave in movies, Davido blast Desmond Elliot over viral videoOctober 29, 2020Davido, a popular Nigerian musician and fiance of Chioma Avril Rowland, has voiced out on the viral video of Desmond Elliot, condemning the usage of ...[Read more]
- Former BBNaija Housemate Praise Says He Never Pass Up An Opportunity To Dance With A Beautiful LadyOctober 29, 2020Previous BBNaija housemate Praise have that noted for his exceptional moving aptitudes as he is a full-time artist and pacific dance hall master. In ...[Read more]
- Watch Moment Nigerian Soldiers Lead Calabar Curfew Violators In Singing Praises To GodOctober 29, 2020A video making trends online show a gathering of curfew violators in Calabar, Cross River being driven by a gathering of warriors in voicing out ...[Read more]
- See Throwback Photos Of Nollywood Actress Destiny Etiko Before Her FameOctober 29, 2020It is without a doubt that Destiny Etiko is one of the fast-rising actresses in the movie industry. Although she joined the movie industry many years ...[Read more]
- Meet Actress Doris Samuel Who Is Making It After Losing Her Leg At The Age of 13October 29, 2020Doris Samuel Akonanya is one actress who represents certainty and sprightliness despite the fact that she is in a difficult situation. The actress ...[Read more]
- ‘”Your mother is more beautiful than Ned and Regina” See recent Photo Of Somadina’s MotherOctober 29, 2020Nollywood actor Somadina Adinma has caused a stagger on social media after photographs of his mom sprung up on the web. Soma consistently compliments ...[Read more]
- Reno Omokri Celebrates Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala For becoming The First African To Head World Trade OrganizationOctober 28, 2020Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has become the first lady and African to head the esteemed global body, the World Trade Organization – WTO. She achieved by ...[Read more]
- LekkiMassacre: Mike Ezuruonye Lambast Nigerian Government (photo)October 28, 2020A ton of disclosures have been coming up after the awful military shooting occurrence that happened at Lekki Tollgate in to Lagos. Nollywood actor, ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels And Her Husband Ned Nwoko Dine Like Royals (+Video)October 28, 2020Regina Daniels and her granddad like husband, Ned Nwoko, has caused a huge mix via social media after a video of how they take their morning meal ...[Read more]