Meghan Markle and Prince Harry left royal life months ago, but details continue to come out in regards to what their time was like behind palace doors. We’ve heard nonstop rumors about a feud between the pair and the Cambridges. But no one has been able to confirm the start of it.
While some say it began when Prince William confronted his brother about the speed of his relationship with the former Suits star, others have argued that it kicked it off with a row between the duchesses. A new report supports the latter, detailing the incident and how it allegedly made Markle feel.
The alleged incident involving Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton
Royal author Tom Quinn detailed the alleged incident in his book Kensington Palace: An Intimate Memoir from Queen Mary to Meghan Markle. In excerpts published by The Daily Star, he claimed tension arose when Markle allegedly had a disagreement with one of Middleton’s staffers in front of the dutchess.
“The reason she lost it with Kate’s member of staff was that she, Meghan, didn’t feel that this person was giving her the sort of attention she deserved,” he wrote. “Meghan asked this person, I know who it was but I can’t say because it will give away my source, who works for Kate who was basically asked to do something by Meghan and said, ‘I’m really sorry I can’t do that because I work for Kate.’”
The conversation plummeted into ‘raised voices and foot-stomping,’ Quinn claims
Quinn’s purported source claimed the conversation quickly became uncomfortable as Markle “just lost it with this person,” noting there was “raised voices and foot-stomping.”
The scene “horrified” Middleton and marked the beginning of the fallout because it “reminded Meghan that she was, as it were, second place or as the runner-up,” according to Quinn.
“It was almost as if in that one encounter, it encapsulated for Meghan the problem that she had, that she’s a Princess and she’s number two,” Quinn continued.
He also noted: “She was very successful, coming into this alien environment where people behave towards you according to where you are in the status of who becomes King or Queen next, that’s just alien to her.”
Quinn claimed that Markle and Prince Harry soon decided to move out of Kensington Palace and into Frogmore Cottage.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have since stepped back from their royal duties
Amid nonstop feud rumors, the couple announced in January that they were stepping away from their senior roles in the royal family. They officially wrapped up in March and relocated to Canada before settling in Markle’s native Los Angeles.
They are now staying in an $18 million mansion belonging to movie mogul Tyler Perry as they search for a home of their own.
- Meghan Markle blogged about Kate Middleton’s wedding and dreamed of becoming a Princess, despite telling Oprah she didn’t know much about the royal family
- Kate Middleton Was ‘Horrified’ by Meghan Markle’s ‘Foot-Stamping Rant’ at Her Staff, Source Claims
- Royal Insider: Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle’s Friendship Was Only for Appearances
- Royal Family Photographer Shares 2 Favorite Candid Photos of Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle with Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle was ‘disappointed’ Kate Middleton missed her introduction to the royal family
- Queen Elizabeth II Gave Meghan Markle ‘Greater Privileges’ Than Kate Middleton, Royal Biographer Says
- Meghan Markle Spent 7 Times What Kate Middleton Spends on Clothes, Royal Authors Say
- Meghan Markle’s royal wedding feud with Kate Middleton was about tights
- Prince Charles Has Huge Regrets About Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Exit, Source Claims
- Meghan Markle told friends "changes would have been made" if Kate Middleton were the one getting bullied by tabloids