Part of Meghan Markle’s email asking Kensington Palace to respond to the false reports that she made Kate Middleton cry has been revealed to the public.
For years, there has been reports on news websites that the Duchess of Sussex made the Duchess of Cambridge cry days before her wedding in May 2018.
However, during her interview with Oprah Winfrey, the Duchess of Sussex made it clear that “the reverse happened.”
Meghan explained to Oprah: “A few days before the wedding, she was upset about something—yes, the issue was correct, about the flower girl dresses—and it made me cry and it really hurt my feelings.”
She continued: “And I thought in the context of everything else that was going on in those days leading to the wedding, it didn’t make sense to not be just doing whatever everyone else is doing, which was trying to be supportive knowing what was going on with my dad and whatnot.”
Meghan said Kate had “apologized and I [had] forgiven her,” but explained that the palace never corrected the false claims even though she specifically asked them to.
Now, an email has been released to show Meghan pointing out her concerns.
Harper’s Bazaar royal reporter Omid Scobie revealed part of the email that Meghan wrote to royal aides.
The email had been sent when royal aides asked Prince Harry to cosign a statement squashing rumors that Prince William “constantly bullied” Prince Harry and Meghan Markle before they stepped down from senior royal duties.
According to Scobie’s source, Meghan emailed the Palace back, writing: “Well, if we’re just throwing any statement out there now, then perhaps KP (Kensington Palace) can finally set the record straight about me [not making Kate cry.]”
Scobie reports that “as with many requests made by the couple, her suggestion was ignored” and she was told the Duchess of Cambridge “should never be dragged into idle gossip.”
Credit: News – Gistlover
- Meghan Markle’s email to the Palace about Kate Middleton crying story has been released
- See Meghan Markle’s Email To The Palace About The Kate Middleton Crying Story
- Meghan Markle told friends "changes would have been made" if Kate Middleton were the one getting bullied by tabloids
- Royal Insider: Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle’s Friendship Was Only for Appearances
- Meghan Markle Fans Blast Kate Middleton Over Her Latest Message Promoting Kindness — ‘Is Her Kindness Only Limited To Specific People?’
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle Are Banned From Wearing These Colors Around Queen Elizabeth
- The Divide Between Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle is Only Growing
- Will Meghan Markle Have to Curtsy to Kate Middleton When Prince William Becomes King?