Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly moved to a paparazzi “hotspot” in Los Angeles, with at least one prestigious Brit believing Markle is the brains behind their post-Megxit move.
Stanley Johnson, father of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, recently shared with Saga Magazine that he believes the former actress likely convinced her husband Harry to move, asking, “Whose decision was it, I wonder, to build a new life in North America? I can’t help thinking that Meghan, as we must now call her, played a leading role here.”
Johnson, 79, went on to say Markle’s desire to make her way back to North America may be a matter of, “basic cultural difference between British women and their transatlantic counterparts.”
He went on, “I’m thinking of my mother, for example. After my father recovered from his war wounds, he decided to return to the West Country and became a farmer. My mother, who went to Cheltenham Ladies’ College and Oxford University, and imagined that she might marry a diplomat, spent her next 36 years in the old, remote Exmoor farmhouse that I still have today.
“She took to heart the famous words in The Bible’s book of Ruth: ‘Whither thou goest, I will go and where thou lodgest, I will lodge.’ The Duchess of Sussex clearly has tremendous charm and talent, but I’m not sure she sets great store by the book of Ruth.”
The author also expressed his disappointment in Harry and Meghan stepping down from their royal positions while recognizing the change they implemented while representing the Queen.
“Personally, I am very sad to see them go. Their charity work was fantastic, particularly the support they gave to wildlife conservation and women’s issues.”
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle now besties with Adele in Los Angeles
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle volunteer at a back-to-school charity in Los Angeles (photos)
- Meghan and Harry volunteer at Los Angeles gang rehab charity
- ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ Star Eric Christian Olsen ‘Would Love To’ Take On a New Role On the Show
- Meghan Markle’s half-sister releases never-before-seen family photo with Meghan Markle after the Duchess of Sussex claimed she “grew up as an only child”
- Meghan Exaggerated Royal Racism – Meghan Markle’s Father Thomas Markle Claims
- Nobody Really Knows How Prince Harry Is Handling Post-Royal Life in Los Angeles
- Prince Harry feels ‘rudderless’ without friends or a job in Los Angeles
- Harry And Meghan’s Marriage Will End ‘In Divorce’ – Meghan Markle’s Sister
- Piers Morgan calls for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to be stripped of their titles after Meghan hits out at Donald Trump