An alleged friend of Meghan Markle’s claims the Duchess of Sussex said British tabloids would have been shut down if Kate Middleton were the one being bullied.
According to the Daily Mail, Meghan told friends that she believed if her sister-in-law Kate Middleton had been similarly targeted by British tabloids, the royals would have stepped in.
The alleged friend said to Daily Mail: “[Meghan said] no one would have put up with it, and the broken and outdated system would have been revised. Those outlets responsible for their vicious attacks would have been shut out.”
The friend added that the Duchess believes “changes would have been made.”
The source adds that Harry “constantly” approached Prince Charles and the Queen about Meghan being bullied by the press, and they “wouldn’t do anything to change the protocol.”
Apparently, “[Meghan] said it was infuriating that Harry’s very real and valid concerns fell on deaf ears.”
“Meghan said they made it seem like this is the way it is, deal with it. Harry had been dealing with it far too long,” the source added. “She said he wasn’t going to let this destroy her life and their marriage.”
The source also claims that “Meghan said Harry made it crystal clear that they could not function in good faith under the current system… and that if it wasn’t revised and updated to their liking, they would have no other choice than to break from the royal family.
“She said no one took his pleas seriously, so they had to take the issue into their own hands. This was about protecting the family and doing right by Princess Diana. She said the British tabloids have haunted Harry since childhood and should have been kicked out of the media pool long ago. The system is broken and Harry wanted to fix it. She said he needed to take a stand and now they are doing it together.”
- Meghan Markle told friends "changes would have been made" if Kate Middleton were the one getting bullied by tabloids
- Meghan Markle Didn’t Like Being No. 2 to Kate Middleton and Not Getting the Attention ‘She Deserved’ Before Royal Exit, Source Alleges
- Meghan Markle reacts to reports she made Kate Middleton cry days to her wedding as Prince Harry reveals his family cut him off (video)
- Meghan Markle’s email to the Palace about Kate Middleton crying story has been released
- Meghan Markle: email to the Palace about Kate Middleton crying story has been released
- Will Meghan Markle Have to Curtsy to Kate Middleton When Prince William Becomes King?
- Meghan Markle Should Have Followed in Kate Middleton’s Footsteps and Ignored Bad Press, Expert Says
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle’s Feud Might Have Started Long Before Anyone Realized
- Meghan Markle blames UK tabloids for destroying relationship with dad