Minority Members of Parliament received the heckling of their lifetime when they clashed with the Police on their way to present a petition to the Electoral Commission.
The MPs numbering 106 were prevented entry to the premises of the Electoral Commission where they were going to present a petition to the commission on the happenings during the 2023 elections.
In Videos available to MyNewsGh.com, the Minority Members of Parliament led by their leader Haruna Iddris were heard saying “shoot us” and “kill us”.
They said “You’ve killed six already so add us”.
The Police according to reports said the MPs did not serve notice of their protest and therefore could not have allowed them see it through.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2020
- Election petition: NDC being prevented from articulating its views – Abass Nurudeen
- Next Speaker of Parliament should live above reproach, partisanship – Minority
- We’re waiting for Bagbin to decide which side in Parliament is Majority or Minority – Ablakwa
- Minority in Parliament missed the opportunity to scrutinize the NPP – Nana Akomeah
- Alleged genocide: UK parliament warns against inciting Christians to attack minority religions
- Mayor de Blasio heckled during vigil to fight anti-Asian hate
- Andrew Yang heckled, called ‘pro-cop,’ during NYC Daunte Wright protest
- Trump backs anti-lockdown protesters who heckled Long Island reporter
- De Blasio heckled as he paints ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural at Trump Tower
- Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler booed, heckled while addressing protesters