The police in Delta state have arrested a mortuary attendant in Oghara, Delta State, over the missing corpse of a 58-year-old woman, Patience Amughoro.
Late Mrs. Amughoro had died late last year after a brief illness. Her body was deposited at a morgue managed by a private hospital at Oghara.
Last Saturday, February 20, her family had arrived at the mortuary to take her body for burial. However, they were stunned when the mortuary attendant presented another body instead of hers.
The family immediately reported the matter to the police and the mortuary attendant was arrested.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, said the mortuary attendant is currently in detention and that further investigation is ongoing.
- Kumasi Kejetia Traders clash with Management over high ‘chobo’ electricity billsIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 28, 2021Tension is mounting Kumasi New Kejetia Market as traders besieged the Kejetia Management office of Kumasi City Markets Limited over high electricity ...[Read more]
- 5 Armed Robbers strike on Wenchi highway killing 1 person, 4 others in critical conditionIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 28, 2021One person has been confirmed dead and five others including a taxi driver have sustained severe gunshot injuries after being attacked by armed ...[Read more]
- Lifeless body of baby boy found inside refuse bag collected at Suame MaakroIn Ghana, NewsFebruary 28, 2021Residents of Suame Maakro Police House have been thrown into a state of shock after discovering the lifeless body of a newly born baby wrapped in a ...[Read more]
- Nigerians drag hot model, Mya Yafai to filth over alleged affair with DavidoIn Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Nigerians are dragging Atlanta based model, Mya Yafai after a video surfaced online showing her and Davido, holding hands together. Davido, who is ...[Read more]
- Ada Ameh Speaks About Giving Birth Again After Losing Her Only ChildIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Veteran Nollywood actress Ada Ameh recently lost her only child, her daughter Aladi Godgift last year October 20, 2020, Aladi died at the age of ...[Read more]
- I check my wife’s phone every morning to block “creepy” men that send her messages – Man writesIn Viral NewsFebruary 28, 2021A Nigerian man has revealed how he checks his wife’s phone every morning to block some creepy men that send her love messages. He also disclosed how ...[Read more]
- I Love Money But I Can’t Marry Ned Nwoko – Jane ObiIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Beautiful fast-rising Nollywood actress, Jane Obi, gave her thoughts on marriage polygamy, and money during a recent interview, where she declared ...[Read more]
- Pregnant woman narrates how she landed in trouble after allowing her husband’s brother shave herIn Viral NewsFebruary 28, 2021A pregnant woman has narrated how she got into trouble with her husband, after she allowed his brother to shave her. Sharing her story to popular ...[Read more]
- Two armed robbery suspects arrested in Ogun (photo)In NewsFebruary 28, 2021Men of Ogun state police command in the early hours of Saturday, February 27, arrested two armed robbery suspects while operating at Shagamu ...[Read more]
- Same-Sex Marriage Won’t Happen In Ghana Under My Tenure – Nana Akufo-AddoIn Celebrity News, Ghana, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021The recently re-elected President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo has declared during a recent programme that same-sex marriage will be legalised under his ...[Read more]