Tottenham Hotspur Manager, Jose Mourinho, has revealed that losing a Champions League semi-final to Bayern Munich in 2012, pushed him to tears.
Mourinho was manager of Real Madrid at the time and was eyeing his third title in the competition.
The Portuguese had previously won it with FC Porto and Inter Milan.
Mourinho ended Barcelona’s dominance under Pep Guardiola that season and was seeking to clinch Madrid’s 10th Champions League title.
However, Los Blancos lost via penalty kicks, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos all missing from 12 yards.
“That is also football. Cristiano, Kaka, Sergio Ramos. They are three monsters of football, there is no doubt about that.
“But they are also human. That night was the only time I have ever cried after a football match.
“I remember it well: me and Aitor [Karanka] parked the car in front of my house, crying. It was very hard to take because in that 2011-12 season, we were the best team in Europe,” Mourinho told Marca.
- Jose Mourinho reveals only defeat in his managerial career that made him cry
- Modric reveals how Mourinho almost made Cristiano Ronaldo cry
- COVID-19: Company boss reveals how his employees almost made him cry because of salaries
- Meghan Markle reacts to reports she made Kate Middleton cry days to her wedding as Prince Harry reveals his family cut him off (video)
- Champions League: Rudiger reveals talks with Mourinho over Tottenham move
- Champions League: Varane reveals who to blame for Real Madrid’s 2-1 defeat to Man City
- Champions League: Zidane reveals who is responsible for Real Madrid’s 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar
- Cry Today, Cry Every Time Kidd Speaks – BBNaija’s Kiddwaya Tells Critics
- Mourinho now leads Premier League sack race after 2-1 defeat to West Ham