No less than 4 vehicles were involved in an auto crash in Benin, Edo state on Tuesday as residents rush to beat the 7pm curfew set by the state government.
According to reports, the incident happened at the popular Upper Mission Road in Benin.
Multiple auto crash in Benin as residents rush to beat curfew (Video)
The vehicles included a 18-seater passenger bus, a red car, an ash car and a truck fully loaded with 7up soda drink.
Recall that on April 19, Governor Godwin Obaseki imposed a 10-day dusk-to-dawn curfew on Edo, with effect from April 20.
This was in a bid to curtail the spread of the deadly coronavirus as he planned to increase screening and testing of citizens for the COVID-19 pandemic.
The curfew is expected to be reviewed tomorrow as the initial 10-day lapses.
As at time of this report, no death was recorded at the scene of the incident as individuals involved were rushed to a nearby hospital.
Follow us on Facebook – @Lailasnews; Twitter – @LailaIjeoma for updates
- Multiple auto crash in Benin as residents rush to beat curfew (Video)
- VIDEO: I Married A Brilliant Nurse Because None Of The Date Rush Girls Was Good For Me – Ignatius Of Date Rush Fame Reveals
- TV3 Date Rush: Ali In Shock And Regrets Leaving His Rush On After Finding Out That Shemima Has A Child – VIDEO
- Auto mechanic dies after allegedly being beaten to coma by security operatives in Benin (video)
- “I was involved in an auto accident and an individual was struck” – #BBNaija star, CeeC shares details of her auto accident
- Cuomo extends NY bar and restaurant curfew to midnight, reopens horse and auto races
- Small plane engulfed in flames after crash landing in middle of Sao Paulo rush hour traffic (VIDEOS) — Newzandar
- Hong Kong residents defy China, rush to buy pro-democracy newspaper after owner’s arrest
- Rich Hamptons residents rush to hire private security guards after protests