It’s been one week since the two year old twin children of popular Oyo state Islamic cleric, Sheik Taofeeq Akewugbagold, were abducted from their home in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital.
The cleric who disclosed the kidnap in a post on his Facebook page in the early hours of Sunday April 26, announced that his children, a boy and a girl, were kidnapped at gunpoint at his Ojoo residence on Saturday night, April 25.
The spokesperson of the state police command, SP Fadeyi Olugbenga, who confirmed the incident to LIB, said efforts are being made by the state operatives to locate the abductors and rescue the children alive. However it’s been one week now and the twins are still with their abductors.
LIB reached out to children’s father, Taofeeq Akewugbagold, who disclosed that the abductors have contacted him and are demanding for £100, 000 ransom for their release.
”We have been contacted and we have been exchanging conversations with the abductors. We are begging them on a daily basis to reduce the ransom. They have asked for £100, 000 which is N55 million. Since then we have been begging them and I believe they will consider our plea.
The abductors speak good English meaning they are graduates. They were first harsh but later very friendly. It is very unfortunate. I am appealing to the government to wake up to their duty. If things continue like this, only God knows what will happen.” he said
Sheik Taofeeq said the mother of the twins who waited for 12 years before giving birth to them, has been terribly ill since the incident happened. She did a video few days ago weeping as she appealed to the abductors of her children to release them.
”We have been moving their mother from one hospital to the other since that day while for me, I am just trying to control myself because it is raising my BP. I put my hope in Almighty Allah.” he said
The cleric said the abductors have also sent him pictures of his children ”looking sad” .
”They sent their pictures to us and we studied it and saw it was not photoshopped. The children looked sad. One was crying while the second one’s eye was swollen. It is an experience I can never pray for my worse enemy. I need my children” he said
LIB tried reaching out to the state police command spokesperson to ascertain if there is any progress in the search for the twins but he was unavailable to pick our calls.
- Twin Brothers Who Got Married To Twin Sisters Same Day Give Birth To Twin Children Each Same Day (PHOTOS)
- Childrens Day: Ikpeazu extols Abia children, calls for adherence to govt’s measures against COVID-19
- Abductors reportedly contact family of one of the kidnapped Katsina schoolboys, ask them to begin preparation of ransom
- Ebonyi police rescues 26 abducted children from abductors
- Employer cries for help as his technician is kidnapped and the abductors have threatened to kill him after allegedly killing four others for not paying ransom
- Edo ex-commissioner’s abductors insist on N15m ransom
- Abductors of 25 Taraba youths demand N52m ransom
- Abductors of Kaduna students release video of them in captivity, demand N500m ransom
- Abductors demand N15m ransom for release of kidnapped victims
- After Parents Paid N5m Ransom, Abductors Kill Kidnapped Kaduna Boy