General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has revealed how his friends left him shortly after he became born-again.
According to the cleric, before he became born again, he had friends with whom he regularly drank alcoholic wines. Then, he met Christ and his lifestyle changed. When bis friends visited, he served them non-alcoholic drinks, and before long, they realized that things were different, and withdrew from him.
He, however, stated that God replaced those friends with a lot of brothers and sisters all over the world.
He shared a photo with fellow clergyman, Bishop David Oyedepo and wrote ;
There is a popular adage that says Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are. This saying is very true. No matter how spiritual you are, 1 Corinthians 15:33 says thatEvil communications corrupt good manners.There are certain friends who would pull you back and there are others who would help you grow spiritually and in other areas of life. Choose your friends wisely. Before I became born again, I had friends with whom I regularly drank alcoholic wines. Then, I met Christ and my lifestyle changed. When my friends visited, I served them non-alcoholic drinks, and before long, they realized that things were different, and withdrew from me. It was painful to lose my friends then, but I let them go because I didnt want them to drag me back to the world. Today, God has replaced those friends with a lot of brothers and sisters all over the world. I have made new friends who have helped me in my walk with God. It is this kind of friends that you should have too – friends who will draw you closer to God, challenge you to pursue your dreams, pray with you when you are down and whose positive impact on your life will be evident to all. I must warn you that such friends are not many, but even if it is only one of such you can find, he/she is better than a hundred others who would pull you down.
Jesus is the best friend that any man can have. He said in John 15:15 that:
“ I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.”
Jesus friendship should be your standard. If you cannot see through a persons lifestyle that they have a relationship with Jesus, then they should not be your friend. While Matthew 22:39 says that we should love our neighbours as ourselves, we are only to have a few true friends. Jesus loved everyone when He was on earth, but He kept His inner circle small. Dont hate those you cannot be friends with. You must love them; just dont share intimate things with them. Set clear boundaries.Remember, iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17).
- When I became born again, my friends withdrew from me because I served them non-alcoholic wine — Pastor Adeboye
- Pastor Adeboye Reveals How His Friends Dumped Him Over His Refusal To Serve Alcoholic Wine
- I served Pastor Adeboye for 30-years but gained nothing in return – Redeem Pastor Cries Out, resigns
- Pastor Adeboye passionately kisses his wife as he celebrates her on her 72nd Birthday – Watch as Pastor Adeboye’s wife kneels before him for prayers (VIDEO)
- Nigerian lady recounts how an Igbo man she was dating stood cowardly while his family cancelled her because when they came to visit him she served them pizza
- For 15 years, father of 6 has been an alcoholic because his Kumasi wife said ‘no sex again’
- Your money is rightfully mine – Lady blasts her boyfriend for complaining because she withdrew N60k from his account without permission (Screenshots)
- Atiku, Ezekwesili, Leke Adeboye, React To Death Of Pastor Adeboye’s Son
- Mike Bamiloye Chastizes Nigerians Attacking Pastor Adeboye; Labels Them As People With TERRIBLE Spirits
- Nobody told us that Coronavirus is a witch because it is only witches who fly at night – Pastor Adeboye knocks CAN and FG over ban on crossover services