The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has warned that it has not approved any drug or vaccine for the treatment of COVID-19.
A statement issued by the Director-General of the agency, Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, said that NAFDAC had not approved any vaccine for the treatment and cure of COVID-19.
“To put the record straight, no drugs or vaccines have been given approval in the country for the cure of COVID-19.
“While the medical researchers globally, the Federal Government of Nigeria and the World Health Organisation (WHO), are working tirelessly on the discovery of vaccines and drugs to cure COVID-19, the agency urges the public to desist from making unsubstantial claims.
“NAFDAC is the only authority in the country to approve such drugs and vaccines,” Adeyeye said.
She said that NAFDAC would continue to work with all relevant stakeholders to safeguard the health of Nigerians and that in the event of any approved drug or vaccine for the cure of COVID-19, the agency would not hesitate to inform the public.
Adeyeye, however, advised Nigerians to comply strictly with measures issued by NCDC to prevent the spread of COVID-19, adding that these include the use of face-covering masks, social distancing, washing of hands and the use of alcohol-based sanitizers.
- No approved drug, vaccine for COVID-19 yet — NAFDAC
- COVID -19: No approved drug, vaccine yet — NAFDAC
- Female Nurse reveals NAFDAC Approved Remedy that Helps Men Last 25minutes, Get Stronger Erections and Increase size without using viagra!
- Breakthrough NAFDAC Approved Solution to Get Stronger Erections and Stamina to Last 25mins in bed… Revealed!!
- Diabetes Cure: Eat Every Meal Like Before Without The Fear Of Diabetes Or Jumping Sugar Level. 100% Natural And NAFDAC Approved
- Infectious Diseases Bill: Gbajabiamila clears air on COVID-19 vaccine legislation
- WHO clears air on COVID-19 vaccine being for wealthy people
- National Agency For Food and Drug Admnistration And Control (NAFDAC) COVID-19 Pandemic Lockdown and Guidance Note To Companies That Donate or Market Breastmilk Substitues (BMS) For Infants
- NAFDAC disowns PAXHERBAL claim on drug for treatment of COVID-19
- NAFDAC disassociates itself from PAXHERBAL claim covid-19 treatment drug