US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wore same outfit she appeared in during President Trump’s first impeachment in 2019 for the second impeachment vote against the president on Wednesday January 13.
On Wednesday, Ms Pelosi appeared at the House impeachment vote wearing a black dress with three-quarter sleeves and a blue and black floral mask. She paired the outfit with a gold necklace.
The sleek black business frock, which some likened to funeral garb, immediately caught the eye of Twitter denizens who realized the look matched Pelosi’s December 2019 impeachment outfit.
Not only did the dress match, Pelosi opted for the same gold necklace she paired the look with in 2019. It’s not clear if the shoes also matched.
As confirmed by her office in a statement to People, Ms Pelosi first wore the suit dress and necklace on 18 December 2019, when the House passed two articles of impeachment against the president for abuse of power and obstruction of justice.
The speaker’s brooch, which sent a message of its own, was in the image of the Mace of the United States House of Representatives, a totem of the body’s legislative authority. Ms Pelosi also wore the brooch during the president’s 2019 State of the Union address.
I’m aware this could not be more beside the point but can we for one second recognize Nancy Pelosi’s absolute brilliance when it comes to messaging through clothing? Like if I had to design an outfit in a movie for a Speaker to wear for Impeachment, this would be it. pic.twitter.com/aFwNckIeqe
— Julia (@JuliaHass) January 13, 2021
Nancy Pelosi is is wearing the same outfit she wore last year to impeach Trump again. A QUEEN.
— Kesha (@keshhhhh_) January 13, 2021
With the second impeachment, Mr Trump has become the first president in the nation’s history to be impeached twice.
With the swift impeachment of President Donald Trump on Wednesday January 13, the House shifted the battle over his role in the storming of the Capitol — and his political future — from one chamber to the other, with the Senate now tasked with conducting an unprecedented, divisive trial in the opening days of a new administration.
Democrats will need at least 17 Republican senators to break ranks to convict President Donald Trump after he was impeached, a high hurdle that would require changing the minds of lawmakers who have stood behind him.
That is more than the 10 House Republicans who broke with Trump in the most bipartisan impeachment vote in American history, which charged him with incitement of insurrection.
- Sheikh Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenah may have contracted COVID-19, may die in prison – Shi’itesIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, otherwise known as Shi’ites, has lamented the continued incarceration of its leader, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky ...[Read more]
- “Don’t be offended when people you know don’t support your business” – Kiki OsinbajoIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Beauty entreprenuer, Kiki Osinbajo has advised people not to take offence when friends don’t support their business. The Vice President’s ...[Read more]
- Kaduna government sacks 65 âillegally recruited teachersâIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Kaduna state government has confirmed the sack of 65 teachers who were “illegally” recruited. Kaduna State Universal Basic ...[Read more]
- Nigerian irregular migrants in Saudi Arabia to be evacuated on January 28 and 29 – Abike Dabiri-ErewaIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission NIDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, says Nigerian irregular migrants in Saudi Arabia, will be evacuated ...[Read more]
- Arsenal signs Mat Ryan ahead of FA Cup clash with SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 22, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has wished Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, the best over the Blues’ current struggles. Arteta insisted that he is taking ...[Read more]
- “My only girlfriend who has my mumu button” – Peter Okoye celebrates daughter’s birthdayIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 22, 2021Popular singer, Peter Okoye aka Mr. P is celebrating the 8th birthday of his daughter, Aliona Amarachi Okoye today 22 January 2021. According to the ...[Read more]
- In the middle of the pandemic, Nigerian Government has its citizens queuing up to get their NIN numbers – Banky WIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Singer, Banky W has lashed out at the Nigerian government for making citizens queue up to get the National Identification Number (NIN) in the ...[Read more]
- Biafra: Why South East is agitating for Nigeria’s breakup – Afenifere’s Ayo AdebanjoIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State, the home state of the late former Inspector General of Police (IGP) Gambo Jimeta, has expressed grief over ...[Read more]
- El-Zakzaky: Zeena Ibraheem, Wife of Shi’ites Leader Tests Positive For COVID-19 In DetentionIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021Zeena Ibraheem, the wife of the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, has contracted COVID-19 in prison at a ...[Read more]
- I’m not ‘smiling’ over Lampard, Chelsea’s struggle – Mikel ArtetaIn SportsJanuary 22, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has wished Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, the best over the Blues’ current struggles. Arteta insisted that he is taking ...[Read more]