The Nigeria centre for disease control (NCDC) on Tuesday, declared end to the 2022 emergency of Lassa fever outbreak.
According to a statement on the official Twitter handle of the agency, this becomes necessary following decline in the reported case of the deadly disease.
The agency maintained that the current level of the pandemic is lower than the frequency required for declaration as a national pandemic.
Following the decline in cases, NCDC has declared the emergency phase of the 2022 Lassa fever outbreak over. We will continue to monitor the trend in cases & respond effectively, given the endemicity of Lassa fever in Nigeria.”
Following the decline in cases, NCDC has declared the emergency phase of the 2022 #Lassafever outbreak over
We will continue to monitor the trend in cases & respond effectively, given the endemicity of #Lassafever in Nigeria
— NCDC (@NCDCgov) April 28, 2022
- NCDC Declares End To 2022 Emergency Lassa Fever Outbreak
- NCDC declares end to 2022 emergency Lassa fever outbreak over
- NCDC declares emergency phase of 2022 Lassa fever outbreak over
- Emergency phase for Lassa Fever outbreak is over â NCDC
- 41 die of Lassa fever in Bauchi
- NDDC Probe: Senate Committee indicted Pondei’s EIMC on Lassa fever PPKs not me – Nunieh
- Lassa fever kills 41 people in Bauchi
- 41 persons die of Lassa fever in Bauchi