Troops have destroyed bandits camp along Gwagwada general area of Chikun local government area linking with Kaduna-Abuja Road
This was confirmed by the Kaduna State government on Wednesday, just as bandits killed two persons in Igabi local government area
In a statement, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan explained that,
“troops under the auspices of Operation Thunder Strike have continued fighting patrols in Gwagwada general area of Chikun local government area which connects with the Kaduna-Abuja highway.”
According to the statement,
“An operational feedback to the Kaduna State Government revealed that the troops conducted clearance patrols to Napayako and Dajin Wuya, during which several bandit camps were destroyed.
“The patrol followed an earlier attack by bandits on hunters in the forest, when two hunters were left with gunshot wounds.
“During the clearance operation, the troops mobilized to the location with some hunters who escaped the prior attack. While the camps were dislodged, one of the wounded hunters, Yohanna Yakubu, was found. The other hunter, Isuwa Tanko, was eventually confirmed dead.”
“Governor Nasir El-Rufai received the feedback with gratitude, praising the morale and resilience of the troops.
“In a sad development, armed bandits attacked Garu village of Igabi local government area in the early hours of today, killing two locals, Aliyu Daiyabu and Safiyanu Muhammad.
“Governor El-Rufai sent his condolences to the families of the two killed in Igabi local government area, and of the hunter found dead in Chikun local government area, while offering prayers for the repose of their souls. He also wished the injured hunter a quick recovery.” The statement said
- Ronaldo becomes top goalscorer in football history as Juventus lift Coppa ItaliaIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021The Premier League on Wednesday confirmed it will try the use of concussion substitutes during matches. However, no date for it to be implemented has ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Nigeria records more deaths as NCDC announces 1,386 casesIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 21, 2021President Joe Biden said the letter his predecessor Donald Trump left him before leaving the White House on Wednesday was “very generous”. He gave ...[Read more]
- Biden comments on letter Trump left himIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021China, on Wednesday, imposed sanctions against former US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo and 27 other officials of the Trump administration. The ...[Read more]
- N-Power: Buhari govt announces new plan for beneficiariesIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021China, on Wednesday, imposed sanctions against former US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo and 27 other officials of the Trump administration. The ...[Read more]
- China sanctions Mike Pompeo, 27 other Trump officialsIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The primary school teachers demoted in 2016 by the Cross River State Universal Basic Education Board (CR-SU EB) have protested non-payment of their ...[Read more]
- AOC joins Teamsters picket line in the BronxIn USAJanuary 21, 2021New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez joined a picket line in the Bronx on Wednesday to support food and manufacturing workers. The congresswoman ...[Read more]
- Judge orders NY county to review ballots in US’ last undecided congressional raceIn USAJanuary 21, 2021A New York Supreme Court judge on Wednesday ordered a review of more than 1,000 affidavit ballots in an upstate county with the nation’s last ...[Read more]
- NYPD rescues dog from freezing Jamaica Bay waterIn USAJanuary 21, 2021It was ruff day for this pup. The NYPD Harbor Unit rescued a dog struggling to stay above water in Jamaica Bay Wednesday morning. Officers were ...[Read more]
- UK Records 1820 COVID-19 Death – The Highest In A Single DayIn WorldJanuary 21, 2021Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England and Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government, Sir Patrick ...[Read more]
- This Is Why Michelle Obama And Joe Biden’s Grandchildren Are Melting Everyone’s Heart On Social MediaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Former first lady Michelle Obama has warmly greeted members of Joe Biden’s family – hugging his grandchildren as she stepped onto the inaugural ...[Read more]