Her granddaughter Ndileka Mandela confirmed the information to dpa on Monday.
According to state broadcaster SABC, the 59-year-old, who was the younger daughter of Nelson Mandela and his second wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, died on Sunday in a Johannesburg hospital.
The details surrounding her death are not yet known and a statement is expected to be released by the family in due course.
Mandela was South Africa’s ambassador to Denmark at the time of her death.
A spokesperson for the ruling African National Congress, the political party which Nelson Mandela led and which won the country’s first democratic elections in 1994, expressed condolences on SABC. (dpa/Newzandar News)
- Nelson Mandela’s daughter, Zindzi tested positive for Coronavirus before she died, her son reveals
- Nelson Mandela’s Youngest Daughter, Zindzi Mandela is Dead
- Zindzi Mandela, daughter of Nelson and Winnie, dead at 59
- Nelson Mandela’s Daughter, Zindzi Mandela Dies at 59
- Revealed: Nelson Mandela’s daughter Zindzi Tested Positive For Covid-19 Virus
- Nelson Mandela’s daughter Zindzi Tested Positive For Covid-19 Virus
- Nelson Mandela’s daughter, Zindzi dies at 59
- Mayor of Johannesburg Geoff Makhubo Has Died
- South Africa: Nelson Mandela Day 2022 Dedicated to Zindzi and Fight Against Inequality
- Has Yvonne Nelson Bought An Island And Named It ‘Yvonne Nelson Island’ (YNisland)?