Retired Super Eagles player, Kanu Nwankwo is 44 years old today, being August 1st, 2022.
World football governing body, FIFA, Confederation of African Football (CAF), the Nigeria Football Federation and even his former club, Ajax have celebrated the African football icon who retired from professional football over a decade ago.
The 44-year-old is one of the few Nigerian players who have won the UEFA Champions League and was a two time African Footballer of the Year (1996 and 1999).
Kanu played 195 matches for north Londoners – scoring 43 goals and assisting 23 others in all competitions. The forward hanged his boots in 2012 after spending six seasons with Portsmouth – scoring 20 goals in 141 appearances.
- NFF, CAF and FIFA celebrate Kanu Nwankwo as he turns 44
- FIFA, CAF and NFF, celebrate football legend Kanu Nwankwo as he turns 44 today
- FIFA, CAF, NFF celebrate Okocha on 47th birthday
- FIFA, CAF, NFF and the football world celebrate Jay Jay Okocha as he turns 47
- Footballer, Kanu Nwankwo and his wife, Amara Kanu celebrate their 17th wedding anniversary
- NFF President, Amaju Pinnick gets FGâs backing for FIFA Council seat ahead of CAF elections
- NFF President, Amaju Pinnick cleared by FIFA to contest FIFA Council elections
- NFF, CAF and Udinese FC celebrate Super Eagles defender, William Troost-Ekong as he turns 27
- Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates Wife Amara Kanu On Her Birthday
- Football Legend, Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife, Amara Celebrate 17th Wedding Anniversary