The chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission NIDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has said that the commission under her watch is not for the deportation of Biafra agitators.
The leader of the proscribed Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra,MASSOB, Uchenna Madu in a statement titled “Security agents killing our members secretly ” alleged that NIDCOM is being used to crack down its pro-Biafra groups’ leaders in the diaspora and forcefully deport persecuted Biafrans.
Reacting, Dabiri-Erewa in a statement released by the spokesperson of NIDCOM, Abdur-Rahman Balogun said the ”fabricated” stories by the group are false, mischievous and at best another tales by moonlight narrative.’
“NIDCOM as we know has no such powers nor has such agents of harassment both in Nigeria and in the foreign lands.
“In international Relations, the process of deportation is a country to country decision which lies with the country foreign policy within the purview of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“It must be pointed out that most countries are clamping down on irregular immigrants irrespective of their faith, ethnic or nationalities.
“Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa has consistently been appealing to Nigerians to obey laws of the countries they reside and be good ambassadors of Nigeria.
“So, the allegation that “the Federal Government is secretly working with some agents of foreign countries to arrest our members in diaspora and deport them to Nigeria for persecution and prosecution”, is a figment of the group imagination,” the statement read.
She further stated that the Commission is for all Nigerians irrespective of their tribes or religious inclinations as enshrined in the Act of the Parliament setting up the commission.
- NIDCOM chief reacts to allegations of Federal Government deporting Biafra agitators for persecution
- Even If You Cut Down Buhari’s Head, UN Won’t Give You Biafra — Uwazuruike tells Biafra Agitators
- CNG warns governors against deporting Almajiris
- Orji Uzor Kalu Will face More Persecution But Only Nnamdi Kanu Can Save Him – Prophet Kingleo Elijah Says
- IPOB using alleged ‘Christian persecution’ to stir global apathy- Presidency
- Christian persecution: UK lawmakers launch report on Nigeria, dedicates it to Leah Sharibu
- Ablekuma shooting: Stop the propaganda and persecution – Lord Commey
- Gov. Wike is Ready for Political Persecution after Office
- China requests extradition of Uighur man who fled persecution: report
- “What is happening to Christians and churches qualifies fully as persecution”- Rev Chris Oyakhilome (video)