Former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has reacted to the increasing debt profile of Nigeria as IMF approves N3.4billion emergency loan for Nigeria.
Recall that on Tuesday, the Board of IMF, approved $3.4 billion emergency support for Nigeria to address the severe impact of the COVID-19.
This came hours after the Senate gave accelerated approval for President Muhammadu Buhari’s N850billion loan request.
Reacting to this development, the former lawmaker expressed that Nigeria has finally arrived the status of a debtor and a beggar nation described by General Sani Abacha when he took power.
See his tweet below:
In the Coup speech that overthrew President Shagari’s Government in December 1983,we heard Gen Sani Abacha proclaimed that “We have become a debtor and a beggar nation”,Comparatively he was wrong,It’s now that we have just arriveth at that status.
— Senator Shehu Sani (@ShehuSani) April 29, 2022
- ‘Nigeria Has Become A Debtor And A Beggar Nation’ – Shehu Sani
- We’ll remain a debtor, beggarly nation without restructuring ― Nkanga
- Edo has become Syria. Obaseki is Assad while Jagaban is Nathanyahu – Shehu Sani
- Edo has become Syria with terror groups – Shehu Sani
- Edo Has Become Exactly Like Syria, Shehu Sani Says
- NDDC has become problem to Niger Delta – Shehu Sani
- Kaduna Killings: North has lost its conscience, Nigeria its will — Shehu Sani
- Buhari has failed woefully, Jonathan govt a disaster – Shehu Sani
- I Won’t Keep quiet, Buhari has failed woefully – Shehu Sani