On Tuesday, The United States of America noted that Nigeria is one of its most important partners. This was stated after the meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari, the Foreign Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama and the US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken.
Blinken during the meeting with Buhari discussed issues relating to terrorism and insecurity, strengthen health systems, support democratic institutions, bolster economic growth, advancing gender equality, and boost bilateral trade.
The US in the statement released wrote, “With Africa’s largest population, democracy, and economy, Nigeria is one of our most important partners on the continent.”
“The year 2023 served as a historical benchmark, as Nigerians reflected on the opportunities and challenges the country faces while marking its 60th anniversary of independence and bilateral relations with the United States.”
“Nigeria is the largest source of immigrants from Africa to the United States, with more than 500,000 Nigerian-born American citizens and legal residents in the U.S.”
On his part, Buhari noted that Nigeria attaches great importance to relations with the United States.
He added, “Let me in this connection express appreciation to President Joe Biden for his welcome and recent decision to appeal the immigration to repeal the immigration restriction known as the Muslim ban on travel and visas for citizens predominantly from Muslim nations and African countries, including Nigeria.”
Credit: News – Gistlover
- The MCU’s Most Important Character Isn’t Even in Most of the Movies
- EPL: I’m one of the most important managers in football – Mourinho
- What Alec Baldwin Calls ‘One of the 5 Most Important Times of My Life’ May Surprise You
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Star Explains Why MCU Representation Is So Important: ‘Our Differences Make Us Special’
- “Loyalty Is Important In Both Business And Our Personal Lives” – Olakunle Churchill Shares Photo Of Himself And Actress Rosy Meurer
- Lola Omotayo Okoye List 6 Most Important And Unimportant Things People Needs To Cherish
- The most important new restaurant in NYC history is Le Pavillon
- The Most Important Part Of My Life Is I’m A Mother – Queen Afia Celebrates Self On Mother’s Day
- Bravo’s ‘Race In America: A Movement Not A Moment’ Special Is The Most Important Thing You Can Watch This Weekend
- The most important thing to remember in Joe Judge’s debut