The Nigerian government has finally broken its silence on how the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, was trailed and arrested before he was extradited to Nigeria on Sunday.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said Kanu was trailed by the Nigerian security agents for two years while he was having a luxury life outside Nigeria.
Mohammed also said the Biafra separatist leader has a wide network of collaborators supporting his agitation movement, Blueprint reports.
The minister said this while addressing journalists in Abuja on Thursday, speaking for the first time on the arrest and repatriation of Nnamdi Kanu back to the country.
Mohammed said, “It will interest Nigerians to know that for over two years, our security and intelligence agencies were on the trail of the proscribed IPOB leader as he lived a five-star life across several countries, travelling on chartered private jets, living in luxury apartments and turning out in designing clothes and shoes.
“Of course, as we all saw, he was wearing an attire made by Fendi, a luxury Italian fashion brand, when he was arrested.
“We can tell you that the forensic investigation carried out so far has revealed a treasure trove of information on the proscribed IPOB leader and his collaborators.”
Mohammed also boasted that all the accomplices of the IPOB leader will face the full wrath of law when they are caught.
“While the investigation continues, we assure you that none of the collaborators, irrespective of their standing in the society, will be spared.
“They will all face the full wrath of the law for their activities that challenge our nation’s sovereignty and threaten its unity. No one, no matter how highly placed, is bigger than the country,” he said.
Newzandar News – News
- Nigerian Government Plots Fresh Charges Against Detained IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu
- EXCLUSIVE: How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested By Nigerian Government
- Family Of IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On His Rearrest By Nigerian Government
- Nigerians React To Arrest Of IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu By Buhari’s Government
- Open Letter to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of IPOB and All Nigerian Security Agencies
- IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu mocks Nigerian Army, See why
- Nnamdi Kanu orders IPOB to Kill security agents as Ohanaeze begs IPOB to resist taking up arms
- Why I’m Confident Nnamdi Kanu Will Soon Be Released—IPOB Leader’s Lawyer
- IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To IGP’s Order Of Arrest Of Sunday Igboho
- BREAKING!!! IPOB Leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Declares War In Nigeria, Orders Biafrans To Kill Every Policeman, Army Officer (+Audio)