The Special Task Force, Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) in Plateau and parts of Kaduna and Bauchi States, has rescued a kidnapped victim.
The victim, Mr Kelvin Eze, is a student of King’s College, Gana Ropp, Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau, who was kidnapped on April 29.
Maj. Ibrahim Shittu, the Media Officer of the taskforce, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Jos.
He added that the victim was rescued by the soldiers on May 1, at about 8:35 pm.
Recall that gunmen invaded the college in the early hours of Thursday, April 29, and abducted one of the students.
Shittu, who didn’t disclose where the victim was rescued, said he was rescued unhurt and without ransom.
He explained that the feat was achieved via intense and sustained search and rescue operations carried out by the troops.
“Our troops on Saturday, May 1, at about 08:35 pm rescued Mr Kelvin Eze, the student of King’s College, Gana Ropp in Barkin-Ladi, who was kidnapped by bandits on April 29.
“This was achieved through the sustained search and rescue operation by the troops, and without payment of ransom, the student was rescued.
“The rescued student who is hale and hearty has since been reunited with other students in the college.
“The timely intervention of security personnel forced the bandits to abandon the other abductees as well,” he said.
Shittu assured that OPSH would continue to work to ensure the safety of lives and property and towards entrenching lasting peace across its joint areas of operation.
The media officer further called on the residents of the state to support and cooperate with the task force by providing useful information that would stem the tide of insecurity in the State.
- “Nobody has a manual to keep a man” – Nkechi Blessing renders advice to ladiesIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nollywood actress, Nkechi Blessing Sunday has disclosed that there’s no manual in keeping a man that has refused to stay with his woman. She took to ...[Read more]
- I No Get Sugar Daddy, Pls Patronize Me – Tacha Cries Out (Video)In Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT BBNaij a star Tacha ADVERTISEMENT has cried out to her fans and followers and all Nigerians begging them to patronize her as she ...[Read more]
- Leopard still on the loose a week after escaping from Chinese zooIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021This big cat is still on the lam. Weeks after three leopards escaped from an eastern China safari park, one is still at large — and the park is ...[Read more]
- NYC subway stations will now offer COVID-19 vaccinesIn USAMay 10, 2021Some Big Apple subways and LIRR and Metro-North stations are being turned into pop-up COVID-19 vaccination sites this week in an effort to boost ...[Read more]
- Buhari told to hoist Biafran flag in Aso RockIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has promised to give the sum N20 million each to the families of police officers killed during the recent attacks ...[Read more]
- Tech bros’ next move: Private cities without US government controlIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021Tech bros are at it again. After dominating Silicon Valley in the past two decades, hiking up rent prices in the area and filling the streets ...[Read more]
- Lady is in shock as she revealed that her dad who’s supposed to be dead is her friend’s fatherIn Viral NewsMay 10, 2021A lady took to Twitter to disclose that she saw her supposed late father on her friend’s WhatsApp status and the situation has left her confused as ...[Read more]
- Man narrates how a girl he bought sewing machine for sold it to buy expensive phoneIn GossipMay 10, 2021A Nigerian man has narrated how he purchased sewing machine for a girl after she completed her apprenticeship program but she sold it to buy a “big ...[Read more]
- The only thing South-west has produced are area boys and fake pastors – Billionaire, Olu Okeowo (Video)In GossipMay 10, 2021Billionaire realtor, Olu Okeowo has said that states in the south-west have majorly produced area boys and fake pastors. The business mogul spoke at ...[Read more]
- De Blasio will lower speed limits on 45 miles of NYC streetsIn USAMay 10, 2021Lower speed limits are coming to 10 streets across the five boroughs amid surging pedestrian deaths, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday. The 45 miles ...[Read more]