An alleged Nigerian drug dealer was shot dead during a buy-bust operation at a hotel in Bagong Ilog in Pasig City, the Phillippine National Police Drug Enforcement Group (PNP-DEG) said on Tuesday, January
The Nigerian identified as Emmanuel Christopher Chukwuma, a resident of Angeles City in Pampanga, was killed because he allegedly fought back the arresting officers, said DEG director, Bri. Gen. Ronald Lee.
The operation was conducted in an inn along Escarpment Road in Barangay Bagong Ilog at 5:30 p.m. on Monday.
An undercover cop pretended to be an interested client and met the suspect in the hotel where he was staying.
The report said Chukwuma, upon sensing that he was dealing with police officers, grabbed the firearm of the poseur buyer. This prompted arresting police officers to shoot the suspect as an act of self-defense.
Police allegedly discovered PHP13.6 million (US$283,000) worth of meth in his possession. Chukwuma was allegedly the leader of a gang composed of fellow Nigerians who sell drugs in different parts of Luzon.
Police said he was a partner of another Nigerian, Gabriel Onyechefula, who was killed in a police operation in Concepcion, Tarlac last December. He was abled to escape the sting operation where two kilos of drugs and a machine pistol were confiscated, until same operatives managed to track him down, the PDEG said.
The deceased was also allegedly a contact of Kingsley Iwumune, who was arrested on November 5, 2020 in Brgy. Manuyo Dos, Las Pinas City.
- NMA reveals how COVID-19 cases are increasing in NigeriaIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Suspected yahoo boys filmed spraying bundles of money into a river (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A video has surfaced on social media showing the moment some young Nigerian men believed to be internet fraudsters, commonly called yahoo boys were ...[Read more]
- Watch Kamaldeen Sulemana’s cheeky finish for Nordsjaelland in win over HelsingorIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Black Stars teenage sensation, Kamaldeen Sulamana, scored an amazing goal for Norsdjaelland in their 4-2 win over FC Helsingor in a friendly played ...[Read more]
- 2021: Fresh prophecies about Pope Francis, Pastors Kumuyi, Adeboye, Bakare, T.B Joshua, Oyedepo, others emergeIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Paternity Scandal: ‘I’m not leaving my husband’ – Wife of FCMB MD, NuruIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Socialite Susan Gutfreund sells $7.4M spoils of family’s tarnished pastIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021In the mid-1980s, Susan and John Gutfreund were the queen and king of New York’s high-society scene, making their mark in Page Six with their ...[Read more]
- Infrastructure: Senator Orji tasks leaders on welfare of citizenryIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Former Abia State Governor and the Senator representing Abia Central District in the red chamber of the National Assembly, Chief Theodore Orji,has ...[Read more]
- Three suspected armed robbers arrested in OsunIn Local NewsJanuary 16, 2021No fewer than two persons have been arrested for illegally sewing uniform of Oyo State Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun. DAILY POST ...[Read more]
- Aguleri/Umuleri crisis: Obiano imposes 3-day curfewIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- The true story of Allan ‘Mr. Apology’ Bridge, founder of an apology hotlineIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021New York is a city of secrets. The man who called himself Mr. Apology knew more than 100,000 of them thanks to his Apology Line, which let people ...[Read more]