The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has denied reports that its Chairman, retired Col. Muhammad Abdallah has been sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Mr Jonah Achema, spokesperson for NDLEA, made the clarifications during an interview with newsmen on Tuesday, in Abuja, NAN reports.
Achema, a Deputy Commander of Narcotics (DCN), said, however, that the tenure of Abdallah who was appointed on Jan. 12, 2016 expired on Jan.11.
“The chairman was not sacked as reported by some media organizations.
“However, his five-year tenure elapsed on Jan. 11,’’ he said.
Recall that the Agency on Monday announced the suspension of the ongoing screening of applicants for recruitment.
This followed a directive issued by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, ordering the agency to put screening of the 5,000 new recruits on hold.
This he said, was due to the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Fulham vs Chelsea: Lampard names player to miss EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Education, health very important to us – Governor Ikpeazu tells MDCNIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Lagos State government on Friday said about 8,043 active COVID-19 cases are currently being managed under the state’s Home-Based Care. Prof. Akin ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: 8,043 active cases under Lagos Home Based Care – AbayomiIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- EPL: Klopp singles out one Man Utd player ahead of Sunday’s clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Spanish Super Cup: Marco Asensio blames opposition for Real Madrid’s defeatIn SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Lagos records 13 new COVID-19 related deathsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- COVID-19: Obese persons have higher risk of complication – Expert warnsIn COVID-19, Health, NewsJanuary 15, 2021A gynaecologist, Dr Jen Gunter, has advised women against shaving their pubic hair. Gunter, who is author of The Vagina Bible, warned women against ...[Read more]