The Police on Wednesday arraigned Owede Bruno, the owner of Club Victoria in Lagos.
He appeared before an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court for flouting COVID-19 rules.
The defendant faces a four-count charge bordering on harmful act and disobedience, disobeying government order concerning COVID-19 and conduct likely to cause breach of the peace.
Bruno, 42, pleaded “not guilty” when the charges were read to him.
The Prosecutor, DSP A. A. Adegoke, told the court that the defendant committed the offences on January 9.
Adegoke alleged that Bruno flouted COVID-19 rules by organising night Disco, where a large number of people were in attendance.
The police officer said the crowd did not maintain social distancing and were without their face masks.
The offences contravened Sections 123, 166, 168 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs O.G. Oghre, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N2 million with two sureties in like sum.
They must be gainfully employed and show proof of tax payment to the state government for the last three years.
One of them must be Bruno’s blood relation, and have landed property within the court’s jurisdiction.
The defendant must take a COVID-19 test and present before the court within seven days.
Oghre adjourned the case until March 16 for mention.
- Rotimi Amaechi opens up on use of crutchesIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Uncertainty in Cross River as tenure of 4th Acting Chief Judge expiresIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Trump’s last action as US President revealedIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Anyaoku at 88: ‘He is Anambra’s gift to the world’- Gov ObianoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The National Union of Road Transport Workers, Abia State Chapter, has reacted to claims that its members had planned to carry out a protest against ...[Read more]
- School reopening: Your children are safe – Private school owners tell parentsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The National Union of Road Transport Workers, Abia State Chapter, has reacted to claims that its members had planned to carry out a protest against ...[Read more]
- Chelsea to pay more for Haaland’s release ahead of Real Madrid, Man CityIn SportsJanuary 18, 2021A former Manchester United defender, Gary Neville, has urged the club to sign a new centre-back and a right-winger to win the Premier League title. ...[Read more]
- Khafi shares short film, promises to take acting career serious (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 18, 2021The popular reality star, Khafi Kareem has shared a short film (monologue) of herself as she takes a bolder step towards acting career. It would be ...[Read more]
- David Ntekim-Rex: Nigerians mourn tech guru killed by robbers in LagosIn Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nigerians have been mourning David Ntekim Rex, a Nigerian IT prodigy, who was been fatally shot by robbers in Lagos. It was learnt that the 22 ...[Read more]
- Court arraigns 40-year-old man for defrauding 186 personsIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- Mohammed Kudus to stay out of Ajax matchday squads as precautionIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 18, 2021Ajax manager, Erik ten Hag, says Mohammed Kudus will stay out of Ajax matchday squads for a while because he felt a discomfort when he made a cameo ...[Read more]