Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, says contrary to earlier reports, there will be no presidential broadcast today May 18.
Sani Aliyu, the National Coordinator of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 was on Channels TV on Sunday May 17 where he disclosed that the President will hold a nationwide broadcast today May 18, as the first phase of the ease of the lockdown comes to an end.
However in a tweet shared this afternoon, Adesina said no presidential broadcast was planned for today May 18. According to him, the Presidential task force will bring Nigerians to speed on the next line of action regarding the ease of the lockdown.
”No presidential broadcast on COVID-19 updates today. None was planned. Rather, the Presidential Task Force will during its usual media briefings bring the nation up to speed on the next steps.” his tweet read
- BREAKING: No presidential broadcast on COVID-19, none planned ― Femi Adesina
- Presidential broadcast: Confusion as Femi Adesina counters PTF coordinator
- Femi Adesina speaks on how President Buhariâs ''speech'' for Monday's broadcast leaked on social media before his address
- Disgruntled politicians are planning to launch a smear campaign to portray President Buhari as not being in charge of the nation- Femi Adesina
- I’m sorry, Buhari’s broadcast are not live, they are always recorded – Femi Adesina admits
- President Buhari never promised to make one Naira equal to one dollar â Presidential aide, Femi Adesina (video)
- CONFUSION! Buhari cancels Presidential Broadcast today, as IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu onslaught on the Presidency intensifies
- ”Such must be a talkative President’- Femi Adesina says President Buhari cannot speak on every national issue
- AKINWUMI ADESINA: The inside story by Femi Adesina