The Odua Peoples Congress (OPC) New Era has called on President Muhamadu Buhari to allow Governor Rotimi Akeredolu fix the security situation in his state.
OPC New Era made this disclosure while reacting to a statement credited to Mr. Garba Shehu Special Assistant to President Muhamadu Buhari on Media and Publicity.
Newzandar News recalls that Akeredolu had given an ultimatum to herdsmen to vacate Ondo forests.
Shehu in his reaction however said that Akeredolu does not have the power to do so.
But, National Publicity Officer of OPC New Era, Comrade Adesina Akinpelu while reacting, hinted that the group is ready to mobilise all militant groups in the South Western States of the country in favour of Akeredolu.
Akinpelu who spoke with Newzandar News in Ibadan on Thursday condemned in totality the reactions of Buhari’s spokesman on the ultimatum given by Akeredolu to the unregistered herdsmen grazing on the soil of Ondo.
Akinpelu added that Yorubas both at home and in the diaspora should not allow the struggle of their leaders to be in vain.
He said, “Why is it that President Buhari is only responsive to issues that concern the Fulani more than other tribes in the country.”
Adesina disclosed that when the daughter of Pa Reuben Fasoranti was allegedly killed by the Fulani kidnappers, there was no tangible response from the Federal Government except a condolence letter sent to the family without any action to fish out the killers.
Adesina, however, disclosed that all militant groups in the Southwest will be mobilised to defend Akeredolu and the entire Yoruba speaking states.
Akinpelu hinted that it was obvious that the herdsmen have President Buhari as their patron.
“During the reign of the former governor of Oyo State, late Lam Adesina, Buhari rushed down to Oyo State when a crisis erupted between the Fulani and Yoruba people, and that was an indication that President Buhari maintained a bond with the Fulani herdsmen.
- 1999 Constitution Is Not A Perfect Constitution- Gbajabiamila
- We Need To Review Our 1999 Constitution In Order To Accommodate Our Homegrown Democracy- Dr. Supo Ayokunle
- Reps to include 35% political offices for women in 1999 constitution
- Oyeleye: Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution hampers regional intergration, development
- Northern elders take stand on planned review of 1999 Constitution
- Northern Elders Blasts Senate Over Move To Review 1999 Constitution
- ”Rather Than Copy What Would Bring Us Progress, Nigerians Copy What Would Breed Degeneracy” — Reno Omokri
- “Copy Copy, Be Original” – Speed Darlington Slams Paul Okoye For Copying His Fashion Style
- Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Best President Since 1999 – Kingsley Moghalu
- Boko Haram has paralyzed Nigeria’s military – Ohanaeze President, Nwodo