Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, on Friday met with the President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The governor however told State House correspondents at the end of the meeting that it would be immoral for him to return to the All Progressives Congress.
Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party beat Osagie Ize-Iyamu of Buhari’s All Progressives Congress and others to win the last Saturday’s governorship election in his state.
He had dumped the APC for the PDP when the ruling party disqualified him from participating in its primary election.
There have been concerns that having won the election on the platform of the PDP, he might return to the APC.
But the governor who met with the President alongside his deputy, Philip Shuaibu, said it would be immoral to do so.
Obaseki and Shuaibu were joined on what they called the “thank you visit” to Buhari by their spouses and some lawmakers from the state.
- US Marshal released from hospital after Bronx gun battleIn USADecember 6, 2020A deputy U.S. Marshals shot during a gun battle in the Bronx received a hero’s welcome Saturday as he was released from the hospital. Dozens of ...[Read more]
- Namibia auctioning off 170 ‘high value’ wild elephantsIn LifestyleDecember 6, 2020Who wants their very own elephant? The southwest African country of Namibia will be auctioning off 170 “high value” ...[Read more]
- Creepy characters sought in gunpoint robbery in NYCIn USADecember 6, 2020These were no trick-or-treaters. Cops are looking for help in identifying five creepy characters who pulled a gunpoint robbery in Brooklyn the ...[Read more]
- 3 Years After Flavour Adopted A Blind Boy, Check Out his New PhotosIn Celebrity NewsDecember 5, 2020Popular Nigerian artiste, Flavour, three years ago, showed love for a young blind boy called Semah G. Flavour adopted the young to be fathered by ...[Read more]
- NYC COVID-19 numbers still rising in ‘cluster zones,’ positive rate dips statewide: CuomoIn USADecember 5, 2020The statewide COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen slightly, but infection rates are still rising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island, ...[Read more]
- ‘Autonomous zone’ NYC bar is making big bucks on GoFundMeIn USADecember 5, 2020Staten Island’s self-proclaimed “Autonomous Zone” bar can’t legally open its doors to customers, but the joint is still managing to clean up. A ...[Read more]
- Queens man burned by dry ice on Air France flight: lawsuitIn USADecember 5, 2020That’s a knee-jerk reaction. A Queens man says he was seriously hurt after an airplane beverage cart smashed him in the knee, and an Air France ...[Read more]
- Alexandra Botez is taking the chess world by storm—live on TwitchIn LifestyleDecember 5, 2020Good chess players are master strategists and problem solvers. Alexandra Botez has one more unlikely skill in her arsenal: insults. “My dad is a ...[Read more]
- Democratic NYC mayoral candidate suggests housing homeless in Daily News officesIn USADecember 5, 2020One Democratic mayoral hopeful has a novel idea for easing the city’s homeless crisis — housing them in the vacated offices of the Daily News. ...[Read more]
- Meet Lindsay Ijeoma, The Lady With The Longest Natural Hair In NigeriaIn Nigeria NewsDecember 5, 2020Lindsay Ijeoma Chris is the woman who is believed to have the longest common hair in Nigeria so far. You will be marvelled at the length, thickness ...[Read more]