A former governor of Osun and pioneer Interim Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Bisi Akande, has appealed to those agitating for Nigeria’s break-up to bury such thought. Akande made the appeal on Monday in Ibadan during the inauguration of a project owned by Chief Adebayo Adelabu, a former CBN deputy governor and APC governorship candidate in the 2019 elections.
The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) reports that Akande, alongside other prominent Nigerians, were in Ibadan for the 50th birthday anniversary of Adelabu. He said that allowing Yoruba to break away from Nigeria might lead to bloodshed and avoidable civil war that would further decimate the people. Akande called on those agitating for a Yoruba nation to bury the idea, saying the nation couldn’t afford to witness another war.
“Those agitating for a Yoruba nation should have a rethink. This country must remain united to save it from war.
“Yoruba will be in war for another 100 years if Nigeria is allowed to break,” he said. He said that Nigeria was a product of war, adding that the country came into existence after Yoruba people had gone into 100 years of wars.
According to the former governor, most African countries and western world envy Nigeria because the country is the heartbeat of Africa. Akande said that francophone countries across the world have been praying for Nigeria to break because they weren’t comfortable with the country’s strength.
“Those tormenting Nigeria are doing so because they are products of failed states. It is a difficult task to stop crimes, particularly in a corrupt society. “Now that some Nigerians are talking about breaking because of difficulties, they didn’t know that a man who can not endure will collapse and die. Only enduring country can stay,” he said. Gov. Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State, who inaugurated the project, commended Adelabu, saying the project would meet the yearnings of jobless youths in the state and Nigeria.
He said that Adelabu had embarked on people-oriented projects aimed at providing employment for the youth in Oyo State, Nigeria and Africa. Earlier, Adelabu said that his defeat in the 2019 election was only a delay and not denial. Adelabu said that his loss in the election was a blessing in disguise, adding that it would make him a better governor than he would have been in 2019.
He said that his interest in the governorship race was still very much alive, promising to double his efforts in 2023. NAN reports that the event was attended by Dr Obafemi Hamzat, the deputy governor of Lagos State and Chief Moses Adeyemo, former deputy governor of Oyo State. Others were Chief Akin Oke, APC Chairman in Oyo State, Mr Akeem Adeyemi, Mr Segun Odebunmi, among other dignitaries.
- Watch Davido Cruising A 15 Million Naira Can-AM Spyder F3 Trick (+Video)October 28, 2020In an ongoing video, Davido was spotted cruising a 15 Million Naira Can-AM Spyder F3 Trick. It would appear that the Musician is attempting to ...[Read more]
- See The Top 10 World Richest Actors 2020October 28, 2020It’s a well known truth that Hollywood and Bollywood are the top film industry in the world known for delivering the best movies as well as ...[Read more]
- ” Why are you hiding your shoe?” – Netizen asks Ozo After He Shared A PhotographOctober 27, 2020Ex Big Brother Naija housemate, Ozo shared a photograph on his Instagram page which didn’t show his shoes. Shockingly enough, that was what one ...[Read more]
- For The First Time Lagos State Judicial Panel Start Probing ProcessOctober 27, 2020The Nigerian legal board set up to enquire into police brutality for the first time today. The present sitting was pointed toward distinguishing ...[Read more]
- The Alafin of Oyo blames President Buhari over the Lekki toll gate shootingOctober 27, 2020Speaking at stakeholders meeting at the House Of Chiefs, the Alafin of Oyo blamed the events of 20th October on the president. According to him, his ...[Read more]
- FIFA President, Gianni Infantino tests positive for for CoronavirusOctober 27, 2020Unfortunate news coming out of the world of football has confirmed that the president of the world’s governing body for soccer has contracted ...[Read more]
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye Declares 30 days days of fasting and prayer to pray for the nationOctober 27, 2020Senior Pastor of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCGG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye has declared 30 days of fasting and prayer for its members. Pastor ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Dorathy signs an ambassadorial deal with a herbal cosmetic company vspbotanicsOctober 27, 2020Former Big Brother Naija has signed an ambassadorial deal with a herbal cosmetic company vspbotanics. She informed her followers about the good news ...[Read more]
- Popular Nigerian comedian, Crazeclown bless God for suriviving a fatal accidentOctober 27, 2020After surviving what seemed like a fatal accident, the popular Nigerian comedian, Crazeclown is offering heartfelt thanks to God. Retelling his story ...[Read more]
- Dino Melaye has taken to social media to raise an alarm that a group of thugs are heading for his houseOctober 27, 2020Nigerian politician and senator, Dino Melaye has taken to social media to raise an alarm that a group of thugs are heading for his house. Taking to ...[Read more]