Ernest Nwokolo, Abeokuta
Governor Dapo Abiodun on Friday extended the lockdown of the state by another one week, saying preservation of human lives should take precedent over every other considerations.
Abiodun said the fate of the citizens and residents of the state were now in their hands regarding abiding by the safety measures already enunciated by the health experts to stay safe from the Coronavirus Pandemic and prevent its spread in the state.
The Governor spoke in Oke – Mosan Governor’s Office at the expiration of the initial 40 days lockdown of the state while addressing reporters about the efforts being made by the administration towards flattening the curve.
He lamented that many of residents and citizens had shown shocking and utter disregard to all safety measures such as social distancing, wearing of face masks in public among others, to prevent the spread and advised that people should learn from the dire experiences of others who ignored the safety measures in other climes.
He noted that the state had witnessed an astronomical rise in COVID – 19 cases, saying there were 100 confirmed cases, 20 discharged cases, two deaths and 78 active cases who were undergoing treatment at the Isolation Centres.
He urged the people not to panic, assuring that as an administration, they would continue to do what was right and proper to keep the state safer.
According to him, over 10,000 people have been screened while over 700 others have been tested for the virus infection.
- COVID 19: Ogun extends total lockdown by one week
- COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun extends lockdown in Ogun for another one week
- Ogun extends lockdown by one more week
- Ogun state government extends lockdown by one more week
- Governor Abiodun Extends Ogun Lockdown By One Week
- Ogun state extends lockdown by 1 more week
- Ogun Govt extends lockdown by another week
- COVID-19: Nigeria extends PhaseTwo of eased lockdown by one week
- COVID-19: Kano extends lockdown by one week
- BREAKING: Buhari govt extends COVID-19 ease of lockdown by another one week