Emeka Wogu, former Nigeria Minister of Labour and Productivity, has reacted to the emergence of Professor George Obiozor as the new President General of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Recall that two different elections held on Saturday and Sunday produced Chidi Ibeh and George Obiozor as the President Generals of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Reacting, Wogu expressed confidence that Professor Obiozor was well suited to resolve the challenges facing the Igbos especially with his wealth of knowledge and long years of experience in public and international service.
He congratulated the former Envoy on his victory, saying that Obiozor possesses the capacity to address emerging challenges facing the Igbo nation.
The ex-Minister said, “I am undoubtedly convinced that the emergence of Prof. Obiozor as the president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo came right in time when the Igbos are in desperate need of consistent leadership that will galvanize us into a solid voice in national affairs.
Wogu extended his felicitations to the newly elected executives, amongst which are two indigenous sons of Abia State namely; Ambassador Okey Emuchay who emerged as the Secretary-General, and Dr. Kingsley Dozie Lawrence who emerged as the Vice President General.
He wished them a fruitful tenure.
In the same vein, the Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi has commended the immediate past President General of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nnia Nwodo for upholding the unity of Igbo nation and oneness of Nigeria throughout his administration.
Governor Umahi, in a statement forwarded to DAILY POST on Tuesday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Francis Nweze, called on the new executive of the Ohaneze Ndigbo worldwide to continue to hold the oneness and unity of the SouthEast region and Nigeria.
“We have always stood for the unity of this country because the Igbos play vital roles in the unity and continuity of our country Nigeria”
“Let us continue to play politics with love, peace and faith in God knowing that tomorrow will surely be better and bigger”.
On his part, Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodimma applauded the past President General Dr. Nnia Nwodo for making the Igbos proud through his pragmatic leadership.
Uzodinma also described Governor Umahi as one of the best and brightest in Igbo land who is doing the nation proud through purposeful leadership.
“My heart is full of joy because I can see a new nation. I want to assure you prophetically speaking that things will change for better in Igbo land”.
Meanwhile, the immediate past President General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, thanked leaders and people of the SouthEast region for their solidarity with his administration.
Nwodo in his valedictory message advised detractors to sheath their sword and tow the path of peace.
He called for support for the new executives to enable them to succeed.
- Cuomo: De Blasio, NYPD owe New Yorkers apology over handling of protestsIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Mayor Bill de Blasio and the city’s police officials need to apologize to New Yorkers over charges they violated the civil ...[Read more]
- Capitol rioter from upstate NY smoked ‘victory’ cigar during siege, feds sayIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A reported former US Marine from upstate New York fired up a “victory” cigar after breaking into the US Capitol last week — and was part of a ...[Read more]
- Why rich people are more likely to socially distanceIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Thanks to better health care access, job stability and a cushy home, the wealthy are socially distancing at higher rates than low-income households. ...[Read more]
- Smart collar translates dog barks into emotions, startup company saysIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Now you can find out what your dog is saying when it barks — or at least, you’ll know how it’s feeling. South Korean startup Petpuls ...[Read more]
- Wayne LaPierre says NRA is leaving ‘toxic’ New York, heading to TexasIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The National Rifle Association is shotgun-divorcing New York and hightailing it to Texas, its CEO announced Friday. The gun lobby is “breaking free ...[Read more]
- Cell is not a new thing. I have been there before and I left -James Brown claps back at BobriskyIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021James Brown has responded to Bobisky’s threat to send ”him” to jail. In an apparent response to his call-out earlier today, ...[Read more]
- Queen Elizabeth’s hot grandnephew is a royal Instagram thirst trapIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Hubba-hubba-ding-ding, Queen Elizabeth’s grandnephew is being crowned the hottest new workout king. Although he’s 26th in line to the British ...[Read more]
- ”Na for inside cell you go for treat that your HIV”- Bobrisky writes hours after James Brown called him out on IGIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Bobrisky has reacted to his call out by crossdresser, James Brown aka ‘They Didn’t caught me.’ Earlier this evening, James called ...[Read more]
- Feds seize tens of thousands of fake N95 masks at JFK AirportIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Federal authorities seized tens of thousands of knock-off N95 masks at JFK airport, officials said Friday. U.S. Customs and Border Protection ...[Read more]
- Cops make arrest in hammer attack of NYC subway riderIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Cops have collared a suspect in the hammer attack of a straphanger in a Manhattan subway station, police said. Jose Moreno, 47, was arrested Friday ...[Read more]