Leaders and stakeholders of Igbo extraction have reacted to the emergence of Professor George Obiozor as the new President General of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Recall that two different elections, held consecutively on Saturday and Sunday produced Chidi Ibeh and George Obiozor as the President Generals of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Reacting, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu representing Abia South Senatorial district and former Abia State Governor, congratulated Nigeria’s former Ambassador to the United States of America (USA), Professor George Obiozor, on his election as President General of the highest Igbo body.
Kalu, who is the Senate Majority Chief Whip, stressed that the ex-envoy’s pedigree and goodwill earned him robust support from Ndigbo worldwide.
The former Abia Governor, who spoke in a message on Monday, congratulated the newly elected members of National Executive Committee, NEC, of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
He also felicitated with the newly elected Vice-President and Secretary-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Kingsley Lawrence, and Chief Okey Emuchay, respectively, both who are indigenes of Abia State.
While re-affirming his confidence in the newly elected executive committee headed by Professor Obiozor, Senator Orji Kalu noted that Ndigbo is blessed with personalities, across various fields of human endeavour, many of whom have carved a niche for themselves in their professions beyond the shores of Nigeria.
His words, “I was elated when I received the news of the election of Nigeria’s former Ambassador to the United States of America (USA), Professor George Obiozor as President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
“The emergence of Professor Obiozor is not a surprise to me, owing to the new President-General’s rich and intimidating profile. The new President General has over the years built and sustained relationships locally and internationally.
“He has the wherewithal to advance the cause of Ndigbo in a united and indivisible Nigeria. I have no doubt that the newly elected executives will consolidate on the achievements of the outgoing executives under the leadership of Chief John Nwodo”.
Senator Kalu applauded Chief John Nnia Nwodo for his maturity, patriotism, and consistency during his tenure as President-General.
The former Governor, however, promised to sustain his support for Ohanaeze Ndigbo, adding that the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization is a pride of Ndigbo at home and abroad.
On his part, Minister of State for Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Uche Ogah, described the emergence of former Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United States of America, Professor George Obiozor as the new President-General of pan-Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, as a victory for all Igbo sons.
The Minister, in a message on Monday, said Prof. Obiozor’s acceptance is evidently seen in the wide range of support he enjoyed from Ndigbo across the globe.
While emphasizing that the diplomat has a local and international appeal to amplify the voices of Ndigbo, Ogah expressed confidence that the new Ohanaeze leadership will make a significant effort in achieving the aspirations of Ndigbo worldwide.
“The emergence of new leadership for Ohanaeze in most peaceful manner is indeed a thing of pride for our people. This is coming at a time when the need for every Igbo son and daughter to stand up and be counted has become even more imperative.
“Professor Obiozor is not just a renowned diplomat but a bright scholar who has devoted several decades in placing Nigeria and the Igbo community on a map of pride.
“I have no doubt that he would justify the support and acceptance he enjoyed that later brought him into office.
“The onus is also on us to offer Professor Obiozor and his team the needed backing to succeed,” he added.
In his reaction, the Chancellor/Proprietor, Gregory University Uturu, Prof. Gregory Ibe congratulated the newly elected President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Professor George Obiozor, saying it raises the confidence in Ndigbo to look to the future with assurance that all will be well.
Professor Ibe, in a statement he made available on Monday, stated that Ndigbo have with the peaceful election demonstrated that they have a leading light in Prof. Obiozor who can speak for them.
He said, “our people have shown the entire world and all Nigerians that in you, we have a true leading light that would speak on behalf of our renowned race, stand for justice, equity and progress of our people.
“This victory accorded you today by God through his people has inspired great confidence in Ndigbo to look to the future with assurance that all will be well.We remain upbeat that your pedigree and distinguished personality will guide the course of our future as a people”.
- Service Chiefs: Wike Commends Buhari Over The Appointment Of New Services ChiefsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsJanuary 27, 2021The Rivers State governor released a statement on Tuesday in Port Harcourt through the Rivers State Commissioner for Information and Communications, ...[Read more]
- Richard Mofe Damijo celebrates wife’s birthday with heart melting noteIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular Nollywood actor, Richard Mofe-Damijo aka RMD has penned a heartwarming note to mark the birthday of his dear wife, Jumobi. The actor who ...[Read more]
- Save The Money People Give Your Kids For The Future – DijaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Singer Dija has shared an important financial tip with parents on how they can plan for the future of their kids early on in life. In a post shared ...[Read more]
- Erica Nlewedim bags endorsement deal with mobile phone companyIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021The disqualified housemate of the 2020 BBnaija reality show, Erica Nlewedim has bagged an endorsement with a mobile phone brand, Partner Mobile ...[Read more]
- Ned Nwoko replies lady who asked him to stop going after young girls and marry herIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Nigerian billionaire, Ned Nwoko has replied a lady who asked him to stop going after young girls and marry her. Ned Nwoko recently celebrated one of ...[Read more]
- “This is so cute” – Laycon reacts to a roadside painting of him and Nengi (Video)In Celebrity News, LayconJanuary 27, 2021BBNaija reality TV show winner, Olamilekan Moshood Agbeleshe alias Laycon, has reacted to a beautiful painting of him and Nengi which was spotted by ...[Read more]
- Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom Tests Positive For COVID-19In Celebrity News, COVID-19, Nigeria NewsJanuary 27, 2021The Benue state governor Samuel Ortom has tested positive to the novel coronavirus. The governor made the announcement on Wednesday by his Chief ...[Read more]
- Tinubu Gave Me N2m To Buy Fuel For My Car In 2009 – Sunday IgbohoIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular Yoruba Activist and Freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo “Sunday Igboho” has revealed during a recent interview that he had never at any point ...[Read more]
- Princess Odume Is Innocent, She Didn’t Set To Kill Mr Japheth – Women’s Rights Lawyer, Barr. Nnenna Nwafor-OrizuIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsJanuary 27, 2021In light of getting a good understanding of the recent rape and manslaughter case of the Akwa Ibom State Corper Chidinma Princess Odume who allegedly ...[Read more]
- Practice Your Love Language On Yourself! – Timi DakoloIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Singer Timi Dakolo has taken to the streets of Twitter to advice Nigerians to practice their love language on themselves. Maybe this will help them ...[Read more]