Former Deputy Education Minister and Member of Parliament(MP) for North Tongu Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa has expressed worry over the penchant by nominees to say they are not aware of issues that happened under their nose in their Ministries in Akufo-Addo’s first term as President.
Ministers-designate for Health, Foreign Affairs, Justice and Attorney General, and even the former Procurement Minister have denied knowledge of the contract between the government and Frontier Healthcare Services for tests for coronavirus at the Kotoka International Airport.
This has become a worrying trend in the vetting currently ongoing in Parliament of nominees of the President of Ghana.
But reacting to this, the North Tongu Member of Parliament has expressed worry over the fact that government appointees who have occupied positions of influence continue to use the excuse of not been aware of happenings under their nose.
To him, it’s now imperative that the President might as well create an awareness Ministry in order to stimulate awareness in his government.
In a post he shared on Facebook on the sickening trend during the vetting process, Okudzato Ablakwa said “At this rate, President Akufo-Addo may have to appoint a Minister for Awareness to be responsible for stimulating awareness in his government.The mantra: “I am not aware” cannot be countenanced in any functioning democracy where transparency & accountability must be sacrosanct.It appears to me that Parliament will have to devise new strategies within the parameters of our Standing Orders to immediately defeat this creeping convenient excuse of lack of awareness”.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- Knicks fans dropping hundreds on last-minute COVID tests before gamesIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Knicks fans desperate to get back to Madison Square Garden are ponying up $250 for last-minute COVID tests before tip off, in order to meet new state ...[Read more]
- Here’s what you can’t do at a New York wedding reception amid COVID-19In USAFebruary 28, 2021Bring your COVID-19 test results, a face mask and a tape measure to the next wedding reception you attend. New York’s strict new rules for weddings ...[Read more]
- NY’s Sexual Harassment Working Group urges Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resignIn USAFebruary 28, 2021An anti-sexual-harassment group made up of former state legislative staffers called on Gov. Cuomo to resign Saturday in the wake of sexual harassment ...[Read more]
- Andrew Cuomo ex Sandra Lee wishes ‘peace, healing’ after 2nd accuser steps forwardIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Gov. Cuomo’s ex, Sandra Lee, offered words of “healing” to her social media followers just hours after sexual harassment allegations were made public ...[Read more]
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s history with women: Wives, girlfriends, accusersIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s love life has been rocky, and sometimes cringe-worthy, for years — since well before a second former aide accused him of sexual ...[Read more]
- New York pols speak out against Gov. Andrew Cuomo as second accuser emergesIn USAFebruary 28, 2021They’re not silent anymore: an increasingly vocal chorus of critics on both sides of the political aisle slammed Gov. Cuomo Saturday as news spread ...[Read more]
- Davido Steps Out Hand-In-Hand With Another Lady, Nigerians ReactIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Nigerian singer Davido has sparked rumours that his assurance for his fiancee and son’s mother, Chioma, has expired as he was seen stepping out ...[Read more]
- The Lives Of Nigerians Hold No Value To Nigerian Govt – Mr MacaroniIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Nigerian comedian, Debo Adedayo, alias Mr Macaroni, has described the present government administration as failed, wicked, and insensitive. You ...[Read more]
- US reporter Albert Wilder Taylor, who covered South Korea independence fight, honored in SeoulIn LifestyleFebruary 28, 2021South Korea on Saturday honored an American news correspondent whose accidental discovery of secretly printed copies of the Korean Declaration of ...[Read more]
- Man found dead in Harlem hair salon may have been a burglar, cops sayIn USAFebruary 28, 2021A man was found dead in a Harlem hair salon Saturday, and cops are probing whether he was a burglar who fell to his doom during a break-in gone bad, ...[Read more]