One person has died in an accident that occurred on Sunday along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, around Fidiwo After Bridge, near Ogunmakin area of Ogun State.
Seven other persons also sustained various degrees of injuries in the accident that occurred around 11:50 a.m.
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) confirmed the accident to Newzandar News on Monday.
The Ogun FRSC Spokesperson, Florence Okpe, said a total of eight persons were involved, comprising six male adults, one female adult and one male child.
“07 persons sustained injuries, made up of 05 male adults, 01 female adult and 01 male child.
“01 death was recorded from the crash, (1male adult),” Okpe said.
According to Okpe, one vehicle, a Mazda E2200 bus, with registration number, WWD89XB, was involved.
The suspected cause of the crash was excessive speed, which led to loss of control, Newzandar News was told.
“The five injured victims were rescued to Victory Hospital, Ogere and two others rescued to Idera Hospital, Sagamu, while the corpse was deposited at Idera Hospital Morgue,” the FRSC stated.
- Man dead, eight injured in Osun lone accident
- 1 dead, 4 injured in Bauchi lone auto crash
- One dead, seven injured as suspected smugglers and customs clash in Ogun
- Two die, seven injured in Ogun accident
- One dead, two injured in road accident in Ogun
- Woman dies in Osun lone accident
- Speeding driver kills himself and a female pedestrian in a lone accident
- Aged roadside trader crushed to death in Osun lone accident
- Man dies in lone motorcycle accident in Osogbo
- Two dead, seven injured in Ogun auto crash