Troops of Operation Sahel Sanity have killed 10 bandits following a gun battle which ensued between them in Faskari and Jibiya local government areas of Katsina State.
Acting Director of Defence Media Operations, Brigadier General Benard Onyeuko said the incident occurred on January 10 at Sabon Layi, Unguwar Rimi and Bugaje communities of the state.
The gun battle which forced the bandits to withdraw in disarray into the forest, also led to the death of one soldier.
“During the exploitation phase of the operation, five bodies of neutralized bandits were found while several others were suspected to escape with gunshot wounds as indicated by bloodstains on their escape route.
“Regrettably, one brave soldier paid the supreme price while 2 others sustained minor injuries during the encounter.
“Consequently, on 2 January 2021, based on credible human intelligence about the movement of armed bandits sighted crossing Garin Inu in Batsari LGA heading towards Bugaje in Jibiya LGA both in Katsina State, troops deployed at Batsari swiftly mobilized and laid ambush along the bandit’s route at Garin Garus.
“While at the ambush position, the gallant troops made contact with the marauding armed bandits and engaged them with overwhelming fire power thereby neutralizing 5 bandits while others escaped with varying degrees of injuries as indicated by traces of blood along their escape routes.”
Troops deployed at Dan Ali village also arrested a suspected bandits’ collaborator named Ya’u Tukur at Sabon Gida village in Kankara LGA of Katsina State.
Onyeuko said the soldiers effected the arrest after reliable sources revealed that the suspect has “been masterminding nefarious crimes including kidnapping for ransom in various places. Troops are on the trail of other members of the notorious gang.”
- Which Location Can You Name Your Child In Nigeria – Alex EkuboIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Nollywood star Alex Ekubo has asked a very interesting question about what area in Nigeria one could name a child after just like they do in Europe. ...[Read more]
- Ned Nwoko finally makes clarification on Zambian mistress alleged to become his 7th wifeIn Entertainment, GossipJanuary 27, 2021Nigerian billionaire and philanthropist, Prince Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on reports of him planning marry a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson as his 7th ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Wolves: Abramovich sets target for Tuchel as he replaces LampardIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- Chelsea vs Wolves: Details of Tuchel’s discussion with players ahead of first gameIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- Serwaa Amihere Flaunts The Handsome Gynecologist Who Takes Care Of Her Pxxy And Entire Reproductive SystemIn EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Serwaa Amihere has flaunted the man who has the license to call her at any time and tell her hey, come and let me check your pxxy if it’s receiving ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Ka3na reveals why she’s “so proud and likes fighting with everyone”In Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Controversial ex-BBNaija housemate, Ka3na “the boss lady”, has taken to social media to reveal why she’s “so proud and likes fighting everyone”. The ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Sheffield: We will not buy new players – SolskjaerIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- ‘What Did Igbo People Do To Buhari?”- Reno Omokri Reacts To The Non-inclusion Of Igbo People In Appointment Of Fresh Service ChiefsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsJanuary 27, 2021Political activist Reno Omokri has reacted to the recent appointment of new service chiefs by President Buhari. The activist took to his Instagram ...[Read more]
- ‘Trump impeachment trial is illegal ‘ – 95% of U.S. Senate Republicans vote that convicting an ex-president is unconstitutionalIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021It looks like former US president won’t be convicted by the US Senate after the Senate tabled an effort by Sen. Rand Paul Tuesday to force a ...[Read more]
- Police uncover another child trafficking syndicate in Anambra (photos)In NewsJanuary 27, 2021The police in Anambra state has uncovered yet another child trafficking syndicate in the state. A statement released by the spokesperson of the ...[Read more]