Senate Chief Whip, Orji Uzor Kalu, on Wednesday described the death of former Military Administrator of Imo and Lagos States, Ndubisi Kanu as a “big loss.”
Kalu, a retired Rear Admiral, passed away on Wednesday at the age of 78-years after a brief illness.
The deceased is from Ugwunta in isuikwuato Local Government of Abia State.
Reacting, the lawmaker in a condolence message on Wednesday, commiserated with Ndigbo, the people and government of Abia in particular over Kanu’s demise, NAN reports.
Kalu said the ex-Chairman of National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) stated that Kanu was one of the few Nigerians that fought for the enthronement of democracy.
“I received with pain the news of the passing of a leading light in Igboland and former Chairman of NADECO, retired Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kalu.
“The late statesman contributed immensely to the enthronement and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria.
“The democracy Nigerians are enjoying today is attributed to the efforts of the deceased and a few others. He lived a fulfilled life dedicated to national service and humanity.
“He has left indelible footprints in the annals of Nigeria’s democracy, owing to his remarkable, unbeatable and historic good deeds.
“The late statesman will surely be missed for his counsel at the community, sub-national and national levels,” he said.
- NDLEA halts screening of 5,000 applicants as Buhari appoints new DGIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- U-20 AFCON: Karim Zito invites 24 players for campingIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Twenty-four players have been invited to the male U-20 team, otherwise known as Black Satellites, to begin preparations for the 2021 U-20 AFCON. The ...[Read more]
- GHS1,500 stolen from another traveller at Kotoka AirportIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021A Ghanaian whose Facebook name is given as Kwahu Mayor Koopong has complained bitterly about what he describes as thievery at the Kotoka ...[Read more]
- I was detained in Ghana’s toughest prison – Bulldog opens up about incarcerationIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Artiste Manager Bulldog born Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanso has disclosed that he was detained in one of the toughest cells in Ghana following his ...[Read more]
- Actress Salma Mumin adjudged ‘liar of the year’ and More awardeesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Actress Salma Mumin was adjudged liar of the year at this year’s Something Wicked Awards organized by Accra-based Hitz FM. The actress we could ...[Read more]
- Resumption: NANS tells FG to approve COVID-19 support funds for Nigerian varsities, PolysIn COVID-19, Education, NewsJanuary 16, 2021As the federal government directs all schools in Nigeria to resume on January 18, the National Association of Nigerian Students(NANS), has called on ...[Read more]
- Shi’ite: IMN calls for Sheikh Zakzaky, wife’s unconditional release after four years of court’s judgementIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- Why IPOB won’t work, recognize Obiozor as Ohanaeze President-General – Nnamdi KanuIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Security operatives on Saturday killed several bandits in Farin Ruwa and Kuduru areas of Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State. This was contained in a ...[Read more]
- Best new novels of winter 2021: 9 must-reads for fiction loversIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021With the cold weather and worsening pandemic keeping us inside this winter, there’s no better escape than a good book. Here are nine I’m particularly ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: Only God can give us victory – Femi AdesinaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Security operatives on Saturday killed several bandits in Farin Ruwa and Kuduru areas of Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State. This was contained in a ...[Read more]